The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's not very warm, BUT the SUN is shining. We haven't seen the sun for a couple of weeks except for a slight glimpse now and then. I hope it decides to stick around for awhile.

dooley

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Sun is shining here too, not that it's such a big deal since we have seen so much of it during the last 13 months :rolleyes: Should be around 50 for a high.

Grandsons are here for a couple of days and today the oldest who loves to build things is going to assemble the small greenhouse and get it settled into the backroom for me. Then I start gathering up pots, soil and wait pretty impatiently for the seeds I ordered yesterday to get here.
    ;)

3. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good day everyone, the birdbath water had to stay in a solid state today as the high temperature never reached 25°F. The birds had their ice skates on. Tomorrow may see some water in liquid form. I bought Ice for a party tonight....silly me. I put the cooler outside on the deck. Now the cooler keeps the drinks warm.

Jerry

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Friday afternoon... and the last official day of my vacation. But honestly, I'm ready to go back to work on Monday. There's only so much housework I can stand to do! Heck, I was even happy to have oven-cleaning to do today to keep me occupied for a while. Sad huh? :D
    Yesterday was a super gorgeous day.... nothing but sunshine. And even though it was a little cool, I thoroughly enjoyed pulling up a lawn chair next to the house to block the wind and soak up the sunshine. Today, however, is the same yucky overcast, cool & breezy. But oh well... it is winter, right?

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday evening all. Currently -14 C and windy.
    Today was day 2 without my computer ... got a lot of housework done, as well as a puzzle and painted my daughters bedroom. Also got her shopping done for school. Gosh I hope its fixed soon! have a great day all :)

6. dooley

Good morning! I'm not sure but I think today is Saturday. I seem to lose track of days lately. It's raining this morning and of course, cloudy and gray. Made yeast rolls yesterday so think I will go and make some breakfast to go with them.

dooley

7. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. Dooley, I've been having a hard time keeping track of which day is which lately too. Maybe because most of them have been miserable "weather-wise"? And today is no different... drizzly, cold (lower 40s). We need the rain, but why can't it spread itself out some? :D
    Today's plan... have to go to grocery store. Maybe I'll bake something. Then I guess I need to sweep and mop.

8. toni

Good morning all. Just checked the state radar and saw all that wonderful rain moving across the lower about 1/10th of the state. We sure could use some of that but it is all moving over into Louisiana :rolleyes: Oh, well, we are stuck with clear skies and warming to almost 60 Deg today.:'(

Doing some rearranging in my room, I have wanted a rocking chair in there so I can hibernate with knitting or reading and it took some major furniture moving but that's done. Now I have to get all the yarn back in the bookcase and other things stuffed into corners to clear out the floor so I can get in there to enjoy it.

9. dooley

Toni, no matter how much or how often I rearrange in here there is no more room. I may have to just stand in the doorway and think I'm working on something.

dooley

10. dooley

Good Night, everyone! It's time to go to bed. Even Chance says it's time to go to bed so that's where I headed right now.

dooley

11. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good day everyone, The holiday season came to a close today as the tree was removed from the house. I will reside in the woods strapped to a tree so the birds can use it till the spring. Chilly temperatures made outside activities brief.

Jerry

12. toni

Good evening all. Can't go to bed yet, watching an episode of Torchwood and can't let it go.!!!!

See you all in the morning.

Frank likes this.
  13. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 0°C and snowing. Fresh snow overnight will make for some sloppy roads on my drive to take my daughter back to school. It may turn to rain this afternoon. Have a great day all :)

14. dooley

Good morning! The forecast said, "Sunny." But, so far the fog has hung in there and the sun doesn't seem to be able to penetrate it. 60 degrees today so if the fog ever leaves we may be able to go out side and straighten things a bit.

dooley

15. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. I'm seeing two things I haven't seen in days... sunshine & shadows! Oh how I've missed y'all! :D
    It's still breezy and cool (mid40s). But at least it's not depressingly dreary. I'm sure I'll be spending as much time outside as possible today. And the plants get to be uncovered for at least the next week.
    We received just over an inch of rain yesterday. Tomorrow will be sunny and warmer... just in time for me to return to work! But there's more rain on the way in the middle of the week.