The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently -12°C and overcast. Weatherman promises sunshine today :) Almost back to 'normal' around here today - 2 kids back to school. Now to get DH to work and sort out the oldest child. Then spring clean out begins! Have a great day all :)

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday morning. I uncovered the plants yesterday because of the weatherman's prediction... but woke up to a light frost. I think the plants will be okay though. We should get up to the 60s today with nothing but sunshine.
    And it's make to work for me and the normal routine.

3. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy Mon everyone,Heading for 40's here.Jan thaw.
    Recently I heard that it would take 10 feet of snow to bring our moisture levels to normal.No thanks!At least I hope the big snows up north will cause stream levels here to rise when they melt.
    sNs

4. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Good morning all. Just planted second planting of sugar snaps. Took a stroll around the yard and found forsthia, hydrangias and lilac starting to bud and daffodils 2 inches out of ground. It's way to early, but I guess mother nature know's what she's doing.

Advertisement
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all. A nice, sunny day here after many windy, rainy days. Just read on the Web that David Bowie is releasing a new album in March, it's a good day! :stew1:
    Enjoy the day!

6. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -1°C and overcast. Things are changing around my house again this week ... oldest daughter is having doubts about her choice of College programs and will taking a semester or 2 off. She is returning home this weekend and will start a new job on Monday with a realtor. Seeing as real estate has always been one of her interests I think this is a good choice. She can MAKE some money while deciding. I am happy to have the whole family under one roof again! Today I will clean house and make room for all the 'stuff' that will be coming home. Have a great day all :)

7. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Rainy commute this morning and severe rain storms moving in tonight. The ground is already saturated so there's a good chance of some flooding in the low areas. Too bad we can't get some of this wet stuff during the middle of summer.
    Frank... I heard a clip of one of the new David Bowie songs this morning on the radio.... what's that old saying, if you can say something nice, don't say anything at all. :-D

Frank likes this.
  8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's raining here,too. Not the drizzly kind but real rain. Haven't looked at the weather yet but it's supposed to last a couple of days. I'm glad the road is fixed.

dooley

9. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -8°C and overcast. Rain and mild temperatures are in the forecast for the next few days, as well as gusty winds. I'm going to finish painting my daughters closet this morning and then do some cleaning. Have a great day all :)

10. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. Half inch of rain yesterday. Half inch overnight and lots more expected today. Then we'll get a couple of days to let everything soak in before the next round of rain moves in. The ground is so mushy. But no complaints because before you know it we'll be talking about the dreaded "d" word.

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Our rain gauge is up to four inches now and it's still coming down. Heavy thunderstorms with 2 to 4 inches of rain. Toni is getting a lot of rain according to the radar map. This is the good kind of rain, not the drizzly gloomy kind. Have a good rainy day.

dooley

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all.
    My yard has gotten just under 3 inches and it took the last 24 hours to accumulate that much. Yesterday it drizzled all day the heavier stuff started yesterday evening. No heavy rain just a steady light rain but heavier than a drizzle, the kind that really soaks into the ground without causing street flooding too much.

Weatherman mentioned last evening that if we get over 2 inches from this it will be the first multi-inch rain we have had since the weekend of April 7-8, 2012.

13. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -1°C and overcast. Temperatures are rising and the snow should be all melted by the weekend. We had an odd Thundersnow event last night with high winds and heavy snow with thunder. It passed in about 3 minutes, but it was super intense when it was happening. We had 2 of these pass yesterday. Today it is still. Off to to my errands and shopping, Have a great day all :)

14. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. A very foggy morning, so I'm going to wait about an hour before heading to work... and it's warm... almost 60F.
    The rain storms that hovered over Texas yesterday brought me 2.25 inches of the wet stuff.

15. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. The birds are in the Pecan tree picking pecans for lunch, you would think the tree would be empty by now but they just keep coming. There are so many on the ground I'm not sure I will ever get them all picked up before they sprout. :eek:

55 today going into the 70's tomorrow so I will take advantage of the warmth to try to get the garden cleaned and start laying down more mulch. Then another cold snap for next week with temps in the 20's at night and 40's daytime.