The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good MOnday morning all. Currently 1°C and overcast with gusty winds. I have my youngest home sick this morning with a mild fever and sore throat. My son is off to school, and the oldest is starting a new job today. I am waiting for everyone to leave so I can start my spring clean out. I didn't really finish fall cleanout, so there should be a lot to do. Have a great day all :)

2. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Mon AM,It is in single digits out there.Not bad for the middle of Jan in Iowa.If we had snow on the ground it would be well below 0.
    I wouldn't stick my nose out this AM but promised I would attend exercise class.
    sNs

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday morning. We got 1/2 of rain from all the drizzly weather yesterday. And it's still drizzling today. Temps will be dropping to/near freezing over the next 4 nights, so I'll be covering up plants when I get home this evening.

4. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -7°C and overcast. I'm still trying to put away the stuff my daughter brought home with her ... I need a bigger house! LOL
    All the kids are feeling better and off to school/work today. Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good early morning! Up at 5:30 because I wasn't sleeping. Going to run a few errands and then make a coffee cake to take to the Writer's Guild meeting tonight. You could come along if you would like. There's always room for one more. Cold and drizzly this morning.

dooley

6. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Cold and drizzly here... but at least there was no frost this morning. The plants are all tucked away probably for the rest of the week. Hurry up sunshine and warmer weather! :stew1:

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. This morning's snow has melted :'( but I do have fond memories of it. ;) Still not out of the 30's, which also is fine with me.

Now for the icky part of the day, dipping chicken fat out of the stock I made yesterday :rolleyes: but it should put a few quarts in the freezer for future soups, etc.

Frank likes this.
  8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all! Busy time on my parent's farm these days. The weather is misty and wet, yuck!
    Have a great one all!

9. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -5°C and overcast. I've been looking thru the seed catalogs that have arrives so far. I am very impressed with 'The Cottage Gardener heirloom seedhouse' and will probably order most of my seeds from them for the garden this year. They are based in Ontario.
    Cold snap on the way for next week so there won't be any seed planting for quite a while anyway. Have a great day all :)

10. dooley

Good morning! There is a strange orange glow in the sky this morning. I think I remember it's called sunshine. I hope it sticks around for a few days.
    Still cold though. Must still be winter. I like spring and summer and fall. Winter, bah!

dooley

11. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. The day is starting off cold at 29F. But there's sunshine out there!

12. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy Weds.It is crisp out there this AM.This month is racing by!Soon I will be running around in circles trying to get it all done.And won't be too long & we will be seeing the racks of bulbs & plants at places.I look for this early this year because some in the know are saying the last frost date could be 2 weeks earlier.
    sNs

13. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -10°C and overcast. There is a brisk north wind too which makes it feel MUCH colder. Off to do some errands and shopping today and then home to bake some banana bread. Have a great day all :)

14. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all! Mild day here. The birds are very active today so there is possibly some very cold weather on the way.
    Have a great Thursday all!

15. dooley

Good morning! Sunny here today but cold and frosty. Water puddles are frozen. Maybe be 60 today though. Doctor's appointment at 11:30. Need to get cracking here.

dooley