The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. Another frosty start to the day but there's not a cloud in the sky! We may also reach 60F today.
    Guess what I saw at the big garden center on my commute this morning? Two semi trucks unloading racks of plants!

2. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Cheryl,OMG! It will be 3 mos before there are truckloads of plants here.I salivate at the thought of making the rounds looking for new plants!
    We are to have our coldest temps here next week.I'm getting stuff together for a big pot of soup.
    sNs

3. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Going to Iowa City celebrate my 66th.Stopping to buy some flower pots and soil. And eating at Olive Garden. And buy some new winter gloves. Maybe long-johns. Glad got lot of firewood.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Not yet 40deg here but going into the 50's later. Clear skies and above freezing at night for the next week.

Wonder if the big garden center nearest me has had a couple of semi's making deliveries today? I really need to check it out....like I need another hole in my head....but still I will go because if I don't I will miss out on some really pretty plants!!! ;)
    But I shouldn't since I promised to start plants from seeds this year and save some money.
    But I really should go just to see if there are plants I really need that I can't start from seed.
    But what if it turns cold and snowy again in a couple of weeks.
    But what if it doesn't but does turn warmer than it should.
    But...but...but....oh, to heck with it.
    But you know I will go anyway,...don't you? :rolleyes:

cherylad likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all! Currently -13°C and sunny. It sure is nice to see that great big ball of fire in the sky! Baking today, and planning to get outside a little later when it warms up a bit. I need some vitamin D! Have a great day all :)

6. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. I took the day off work since I had everything done. And besides, the days have just been too pretty to be stuck in an office.
    It's in the lower 40s now but the sun is shining bright. As soon as it warms up some, I've got lots of little projects I want to get outside and do. The first on my list, up-pot some seedlings and then pot/plant some roots I just bought! I love sunshine! :stew2:

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Another beautiful sunny day. I'm about to go doing errands. dr has the laundry finished. I really like nice sunny days.

dooley

8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all. A quite foggy morning here today with some snow promised this weekend. Should be an interesting one.
    Have a great Saturday all!

9. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. Today is going to be another pretty day. We got down to near freezing overnight, but it should be in the mid60s later. There's some clouds, but that's okay... they aren't rain clouds.
    I got alot accomplished yesterday outside and more to do today. I've got to pace myself so I have fun chores through Monday. :-D
    I'm going to finish prepping my berry area and finish painting some plant stands today.

10. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Sunny, windy and 53 now but low tonight in the 20's. High tomorrow in the 20's, what a change in temps. I need to find a warmer place to stay for the winter. wannabe

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

A little cloudy this morning but mostly sunny now and lots of warm. I like sunny and warm. More for tomorrow, too. We finally got the bird feeders, that I bought for a dollar for two of them, hung up today. They even have bird seed. No birds yet though.

dooley

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all! A very cold one here today, snow promised this evening. Cold week ahead and maybe starting to get mild towards the end of the week again. Hopefully...

Have a great Sunday all!

13. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -3°C with wicked winds and intermittent snow flurries. It is seriously nasty out there!
    A huge clap of thunder woke me from a dead sleep at 3am, and then I could hear rain hitting the windows. I don't think I'm going anywhere today! Tomorrow the deep freeze begins so I won't be going anywhere for a few days anyway. Good thing I'm all stocked up with supplies! Have a great day all :)

14. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

It is Sunny But very cold and windy.To get to -10 tonight. High Monday 8* Put extra seed out for birds and suet.

15. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Dunno about "good" day...my car broke so I have to get it to the shop and hope that it doesnt cost all the money I have :/
    And Im annoyed with Meijer (aka Mire haha) because they want to me work 1 extra week to get someone trained to replace me (I put in my 2 weeks notice on the 9th so this was supposed to be my last week)