The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Heavy fog out there this morning. Hope the sun comes through pretty soon. It's supposed to be 60's again today and I could go outside.

dooley

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday morning. We're stuck in this weather pattern for a while... and I'm not complaining. Lows will be in the 40s with highs possibly reaching 70. And again... lots of sunshine.
    I've been doing lots of little clean-ups out in the garden and getting the urge to play in the dirt. But I know it's way to early. I'll be back out there as soon as it warms up a bit and see about cleaning out and repainting a bird feeder. I'd better put some food out there in a dish or something while this is being done... don't want the birdies to miss a meal just because a diner is closed. :-D

3. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Brrr,It is cold out there. It got up to 50 yesterday & last night the wind was really blowing.Blew in all this arctic air. I can only imagine what the temps would be if we had snow cover.I'm glad the gardener here finally was able to put some dirt on the roses a few days ago.
    Oh well,I have plenty inside to keep me busy.
    sNs

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. Temperatures are becoming more January like around here. ...40's night/50-60's daytime :'( Maybe even a couple of days in the 70's, which is above normal.
    I want more cold and rain and icy precip.

Actually I am just glad to be feeling better now. Been under the weather with a stomach virus for several days, Built up all week, Friday night was the 'highlight' night and I slept almost all day yesterday to recover. Haven't eaten much lately, heck of a way to loose weight :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  5. Annette

Annette Seedling

good monday morning......what i wouldn't do for 40 degrees this time of year, toni...(though we were close the other day)....now for the next few days, we're in for bitter cold and single digit temps.....the worst part of winter. guess i'll have to get out the woolies.....

6. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Extra Brrrr today. So far yellow lab out 2 times this am. She thought I was going out with her.The (high) to be 5* + 30mph winds.

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently -13°C and overcast. I just heard on the news that today is the most depressing day of the year! And this coincides with the 2 coldest weeks of the year, which is what usually depresses me the most. I hate the bitter cold!! I'm going to plan out my veggie garden this week and prepare a seed order ... that should cheer me up! Have a great day all :)

8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all. Well the snow we were promised never materialised. Still cold week ahead so it will probably arrive sometime.
    Have a great one all!

9. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Foggy here this morning but the sun is trying to peek through. Going to be 60 and party cloudy. More outside today.

dooley

10. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. It's my usual Monday off work (I'm loving my 4-day weekend). Yesterday was so nice... highs in the lower 70s... I actually had on shorts & flip-flops! Does wonders for the soul to be able to play outdoors in the sunshine.
    Today should be about the same. I have a few more little projects to keep me busy... now that all my painting projects are done, it's time to turn my attention to some wooden objects that need some preservation.

11. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Must be the coldest day of this year,so far.Wind chill is bad. Needless to say i am not sticking my nose out the door!
    Think I will order some garden related items.
    Cheryl,You lucky duck you! Shorts & flipflops???And being able to do garden related chores. Fun fun.
    sNs

12. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Not as cold here as predicted, but it is supposed to be 5f tonight and 10f tomorrow and 6f tomorrow night continuing throughout the next week or more.....BRRR. The tunnels are a little nicer than I expected. One right now reads 46f with no heat, just shut tight and another one 47f. nice enough to work out there if need be.

Have a good day all.
    Cheryl it sounds like you have it the nicest of all of us, I think we all need to shack up with you until this is over up here. We could get a lot done with all that nice weather and all these extra hands :D .

Toni, do you take acidopholus? I think it makes a world of difference when I don't feel good. Apple cider vinegar and honey in a glass of water is a good homeopathic help, too.I take them both when the stomach is feeling bad. I hope you feel better soon.

13. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -18.8°C and clear. There is a north wind making it feel much colder. I'm not planning on going back outside until much later ... working on a big pot of stew and some home made bread. Have a great day all :)

14. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Gonna be another gorgeous day here with highs reaching 70F. Heard on the radio this morning that some weatherfolks are saying we won't get any more freezes this year. Yeah right! I'm not gonna fall for that one.... again. :D
    I had a very productive 4-day weekend and got all the chores (that I was hoping to do over the Holiday break) checked off my to-do list.
    I think I may go ahead and get a truckload of mulch this weekend... if the weather is still nice.

15. Danjensen

Danjensen In Flower

Good Morning from Canada EH!

going to be a nice cold one -30c feels like -40c. looks like it will stay that way till end of the week.

Apart from the Temp looks like its going to be a lovely day so will pop down and take a walk on the lake this morning.