The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -13°C and clear. We had car troubles yesterday so I hope that is all resolved today. We also want to shovel the snow off the ice at the front of the property today. Hopefully there is some good skating ice underneath! Have a great day all :)

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Saturday morning. Yep... foggy again. Lows overnight were in lower 60s and expected to be in the mid-70s today. I'll be cleaning up the front flower bed today. And co-worker gave me some African Iris and Elephant Ear. I'll get those in the ground today too.
    It's my best friend's birthday today... so I'll be visiting her. Hmmm.... play in dirt before or after her visit...

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Foggy here this morning and now it's just cloudy. Says 30 percent chance of rain but so far it's just yucky out. Going to mid-70's for a high. I'm in today, cleaning this room and sorting tote bags, shopping bags and aprons. I see I'm running short of garden aprons so I'll have to put that on my list of things to do. I always have a list of things to do. The doctor cheered. He said that means I'm not just sitting around staring at the walls.

dooley

4. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good Morning everyone, it was hard to warm up the tail feathers this morning. The morning low actually had two numbers in it. The seasonal January thaw happens next Tuesday. :) I noticed the days are getting longer. Soon it will be time to stare at the seed packets and wish for spring.

Jerry

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -11°C and clear. There were 2 horses loose this morning, but they have been caught. It was action packed around here for a while! The sun is shining today so I hope to get outside for some vitamin D.
    Have a great day all :)

6. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. No fog today. Yippee! There's a few clouds and the low overnight was in the mid60s. We almost reached 80F yesterday... and today should be about the same.
    Today is "renovate" the front flower bed day.

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all. A really miserable day here, blustery and bits of sleet, hail and rain all jumbled into one. Yuck!
    Have a great day all!

8. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Cheryl,I think Texas is now having better gardening weather than up here.Course I know it is too early for us but you guys are getting more rain.
    Oh we are getting rain all right. The freezing kind Yuk!
    Cheryl's going to work in her garden & I'm going to be
    gardening on my PC.Maybe I will order something garden related.:
    sNs :)

9. dooley

It was cloudy and windy this morning but I see some peeking through. No rain yet. I made an apple pie and have bread raising. May go outside soon if it doesn't get too windy.

dooley

10. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

1) Was late for work because I forgot to turn the alarm clock on
    2) Got pulled over right outside work for putting my seatbelt on at the light and a cop saw me

Wonder what else can go wrong today?

11. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Glad to have rain. And temps are rising.Our Viszla let her out. She slid across sidewalk. Her vision starting to go. getting older like her owners.Is nice to see puddles-but need some nice spring rains. Up and down temps we don't need.

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all! Oh dear, what a positively rubbish morning weather-wise. Rain and wind abound.
    Have a great Monday all!

13. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -3°C and snowing with a mix of freezing rain. The school busses are cancelled today so I have 2 kids home from school. My car is broken down in the driveway but I'm reallly hoping the repairs will be covered under my extended warranty. Not sure what I am going to do about transportation for the next few days ... it's stressing me out! I guess there isn't much I can do under the dealer opens. Have a better day everyone!

14. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. We're still having above normal temps with lows in the mid60s and highs near 80. But today is a little cloudy with a slight chance of rain. Supposedly a better change of rain tomorrow...which I believe because my knee started hurting this morning.
    I almost completed redoing the front flower bed yesterday, but ran out of mulch. So I'll be stopping and picking up a couple more bags and finish that this afternoon... if I get out of work early enough.

15. dooley

Cloudy here this morning but supposed to be turning mostly sunny this afternoon. High---79F. Tomorrow though, severe thunderstorms, 90 percent chance of rain. I may have to change that doctor appointment---again.

dooley