The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. it's 68 deg at almost 10 a.m. close to 80 for a high today and tomorrow.

We went Junque shopping all day Saturday where I found some neat stuff but nothing large .... except for the coolest old red small tractor hood. I didn't buy it but now I wish I had. :eek:
    When I get the newest goodies unpacked I will post photos.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast. There is rain in the forecast and warm temperatures for tomorrow as well. I'm stuck home carless for 3-5 days so I'm not sure what I am going to do to amuse myself! Maybe I'll do some research for my family tree. Have a great day all :)

3. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Not sure how much rain we got.Flat out poured in middle of night.And Thunder-scared Ginger our Viszla.She dove into closet.At least fog is gone.To be up to 50* today-but- Friday high is to 10*

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Tuesday morning. Still warm for one more day before a front brings us "normal" temps of 45-65F. Today is cloudy with a 30% chance of rain increasing to 60% tonight. It's been a while since we had rain... so it would be nice to get even a little bit to give everything a bath and a drink.

Advertisement
  5. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

56º but cloudy. Supposed to get some bad weather. Winds at 15mph gusting to 25mph. Fun...

In other news, this is my 4th to last day working at Meijer :) Friday is my last day and of course, they had to give me an 8 hour shift for that day *eyeroll* On Saturday, after work at Garden Ridge, Im going to stop by 2 garden centers and ask for applications. Its never too early to put in an app!

6. toni

Good warm and muggy morning all. 72 deg at 9a.m. with a possibility of storms late morning/early afternoon. Right now there is nothing on the radar near me, but parts of Oklahoma are getting hammered.
    We are in the 3rd week without rain and all this system is supposed to bring us is about 1/2 inch, if that much. :rolleyes: But the temps should be back down to seasonal for a few days after the cool front moves through.

7. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 9°C and overcast. We are expecting heavy rain and strong winds, followed by a cold front and temperatures dropping. That means the roads will be a sheet of ice again tomorrow. Still waiting for word on my car repair ... tired of being stranded at home! Have a great day all :)

8. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. We got around 1/4 inch of rain overnight.... just enough to keep me from watering until the weekend. We are also cooler today with highs expected to only be in the mid60s. And there's wind advisories.

9. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Not getting a lot of snow so far. But more coming down-but can't see. Called into customer. Good day to stay home.

10. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good cold morning! Only 35 this morning with strong winds. Sure feels colder. I think I got used to the warmer weather too soon. Well, it will warm up again in a week or so, maybe. It's the usual ups and downs of this time of year.
    Our freezer quit freezing so sorting through things isn't making us any warmer.

dooley

11. toni

Good morning all. The temperature dropped, 1/2 inch of rain fell on my gardens and I found Daffs coming up that I really didn't expect to see again. :eek:
    It is 43 this morning, 30 degrees colder than yesterday morning. Mid 50's for a high then in the lower 60's for the next 7 days....and no more rain :rolleyes:

12. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

It was 48 this morning at 7 and now at 2:45 it is 32. We also have winds 30 to 40 mph. Tomorrow and Friday our highs will be 19 but then back up to 30 and 40's. No wonder everyone has colds.We got about 2 inches of rain yesterday and last night but snow showers this evening. Bundle up warm.

13. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

g'day all. The day started fairly warm, but when I got out of work, it was back to darn chilly. And it was precipitating -_- Supposed to have snow or something in the morning. glad I dont work til later in the day. Friday will be my last day at Meijer :)

14. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -1°C, windy and snowing. We are having passing snow squalls and gusty winds. I think my shopping will have to wait until tomorrow! Staying warm near the fire today. Have a great day all :)

15. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

We got 5 inches of snow-but very high winds many drifts.In the right places to protect plant.s