The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. Yesterday was windy windy windy. And when I got home to listen to the weather forecast... it had changed. It was going to get "near freezing 36F". So, since it was so windy, I couldn't manage to put the tarp over my plant racks, so I just carried the one's most likely to get damaged into the garage. I did cover up other plants with their usual sheets. And I'm glad I did because there was a good frost on the ground/windshield this morning. But it's nice and sunny and we're supposed to be in the mid-to-upper 60s later on.
    I need to come up with a better solution for protecting the potted plants over the winter... fighting with that tarp in the cold wind just ain't no fun!

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently -13°C and overcast. Such a change in the weather the past 3 days! Hoping to hear back from the dealer today about my car. It's been there since Monday and it just needs a power steering line. I just don't understand why it takes so LONG? Keeping my fingers crossed that I can pick it up today. Have a great day all.

3. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Right now-5 but winds have quit for now.Dh just filled feeders.Going to hook up heated dog water bucket for them.To get more snow tonight.

4. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

I had been wishing for normal Iowa weather for Jan & Feb Well this is normal,like it used to be & I don't like it.I don't know what the temp actually is,just know it is cooold + brisk wind.Keeping those fires stoked.I do not have to go out!Yeehaw!
    sNs

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. We're in a "normal" pattern of weather... from the mid 40s to the mid60s with lots of sunshine. There's only a slight chance of rain one day next week. Come one work day and get over with.... I'm ready for the weekend!

6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all! I've been a bit ill these last few days so I haven't been as active as I'd hoped. Hopefully next week I will be right as rain again.
    Have a great Saturday!

7. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -9°C and overcast. We are having 'normal' winter temperatures, but seem to be lacking snow... we barely have enough to cover the ground. I don't mind not having to shovel snow, but I worry about spring moisture or lack of. I'll be glad when winter is over and I can play in the dirt again. 46 days until spring officially gets here!
    I got my car back yesterday and my wallet is MUCH lighter, but I'm just glad to have it back. Have a great day all :)

8. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Hope everyone is having a good Saturday.It is cloudy & spitting snow out. Went to town & it didn't seem that cold.We were watching birds on a bird seed bell this AM. Saw a Titmouse.Haven't seen these for several years.
    sNs

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good afternoon all. Sunny and 63 deg here, Not a happy recipient of this weather :rolleyes:

I remembered a bunch of skinned tomatoes in the freezer yesterday so I have been making some really good sauce to freeze. Found the first Rhubarb of the season at the store yesterday and it's now a quart jar of sauce for biscuits...soon as I buy some biscuits. Also, have ground beef thawing out for browning, bagging and freezing.

And got the greenhouse in the back room ready for seeds to be planted tomorrow. Shoot, the way the weather is going I probably could just plant seeds outside and forget the 'middle man' :rolleyes:

10. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good evening! It was sunny this morning and cloudy and breezy this afternoon. We went to the mini flea market and did well enough. Home now and will be taking off my shoes and putting my feet up.

dooley

11. cherylad

Happy Saturday evening. I started the day off watching some of my little cousins playing in the Little Dribbler basketball league. I watched two games... it was fun hanging out with my aunt, best friend, and cousins cheering on the kids. I'll have to do this again. Then went to my aunts to haul off some trash to the dump for her. And that took most of the rest of the day. My "good brother" and his wife came to visit this evening. Now I have a chance to check the emails. Maybe tomorrow I'll get to play in the yard.

12. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -17°C and clear. Chased a Jack Rabbit away this morning ... boy do they run FAST! Still lots of little bunnies in my yard, eating at my shrubs. I must find a way to get rid of them before my gardens start to grow! No plans yet for today so it may be a lazy Sunday. Have a great day all :)

13. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy Sun AM.I heard there is a big game this evening?Haha,I doubt it will be on tv in this house.Just not a football fan.
    Nice sunny day out there,through the window that is.
    How I envy you southern peeps who can actually play in your yards.
    sNs

14. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. Another gorgeous day. If my knee lets me, I plan on getting out and pulling some weeds and cleaning up the bed along the garage. But I definitely need to water the things in containers. Also need to clean up a bit where the seedlings are growing. The church is selling BBQ ribs today... so I will go by and get some. YUMM! And then I guess it'll be time to check on the football game.

15. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all! After a few days of flu last week and numerous other distractions, hoping to get back to a more normal week this week. Weather is slightly windy with colder weather promised.
    Have a great start to your week all!