The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently -11°C and clear. I have a lot of clean up to do today, as well as a mountain of laundry to fold. It's going to be a long day! Have a good day everyone :)

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday morning. Today is overcast with a 50% chance of rain. But it's still going to reach 70. I am glad that I got most of my outdoor projects done yesterday. Now.... do I go ahead and water the containers or wait to see if it rains? I think I'll give it until this afternoon.

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Cloudy and drizzly out this morning. Dump run finished, errands finished. Home for the rest of the day. Not outside though!

dooley

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Upper 60's/low 70's in store for us today and not a drop of rain in our forecast for several days but might be a slight chance of some in the area this coming weekend. There are clouds today but they are high and wandering, not rain types. :rolleyes:
    So I will be dragging hoses again this afternoon.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. It's a COLD one out there ... currently -17°C and sunny.
    I don't know what to do today. I took some pumpkin out of the freezer so I think I'll make some tarts. My boys LOVE pumpkin tarts! Have a great day all :)

6. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. The rain finally made it yesterday evening giving my yard 1/2 inch of the wet stuff.
    This morning was another foggy commute with drizzle mixed in. But it's going to be another sunny day with temps in the 70s.
    I noticed on my drive into work that the "big" nursery has changed their sign out front from the "1/2 off sale" they've been having all winter to.... prices for flowers and plants! Woohoo!! It's almost time to go plant shopping.

7. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -14°C with sun and strong north winds. It feels MUCH colder out there today! Not a lot to do today and I have a friend coming over for a visit later. Makes for a nice, lazy day :) Have a great day all!

8. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. A drizzly/misty start to the day and with that 80% chance of rain, I'm hoping we get a decent amount of it. Our high nearly reached 80F yesterday and only expect to reach 70F today.

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all! A slightly windier than average day here and cold enough to boot. Still no sign of significant snowfall. The birds are still eating a lot :)
    Have a great Thursday all!

10. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -10°C and overcast. Off to do some errands and shopping this morning. Later today, the snow will start and the winds will pick up. Big storm blowing in for tomorrow and I want to be fully stocked so I won't have to leave the house again for a while. Wake me up when it's over! Have a great day all :)

11. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. We got just over an inch of rain yesterday. woohooo! Today is back to warm in the mid70s.
    I'm getting so anxious to stop at the nurseries to see if they're receiving their shipments yet. Even though it's too early to plant, who says I can't buy them and keep them indoors for a few more weeks? ;)

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all! The weather is in a bit of an indecisive mood. It doesn't know whether it wants to stay in winter or burst into spring. I wish it would choose the latter :)
    Have a great day all!

13. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Rain rain and more rain and wind. Looks like I'm stuck in the house most of the day.

14. cherylad

Happy Friday morning! Just a little cloudy this morning but we should have sunny skies and highs in the lower 70s for today and tomorrow... and then some chances of rain move in.
    I couldn't stand it anymore and just HAD to stop at a couple nurseries to see how much stuff they've received. The shelves were about 1/4 filled and I was a good girl and didn't rush to buy anything since we still have chances of freezing temps.
    But that didn't stop me from buying the soil to fill up my raised strawberry bed and a few bags of mulch.

15. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It says mostly sunny and 71 degs for today but so far it's 42 and windy and only a little sun now and then. I hope it comes to stay soon. I have things to do outside. Of course, I have things to do inside, too.

dooley