The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Mornin all. Bit nippy outside, 31º. Took the dog for a walk around the neighborhood and my ears were red by the time I got home. Going to try to set up my Etsy store so I can finally start selling things :)

2. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Just got done putting some ice melt on gravel part of drive way.Got nice amount of rain yesterday.Then turned colder.Was to be partly cloudy-so far no sun here.Glad to have today off.Dh wants me to cut back even more.

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good early afternoon all. Bit nippy out this morning, really nice for a change. Temp was 80 deg yesterday, might make it to 63 this afternoon.

Got some of my new plants in the ground yesterday, the Ranunculus and Rosemary then transplanted some Chrysanthemums. Found some baby Iris bulbs that I had not gotten in the ground last fall, they were under a layer of fallen leaves and had begun putting out green so I put them in the ground.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Evening all! Currently -9°C and snowing. Still. Snowing. I don't even know how much snow fell today, but I have been trapped at a house clear across town since last night. Finally made it home just a while ago and I have never been so happy to be home!! This is how much snow had fallen by 4;30 today. Here Toni, this shot is for you ;)
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good evening! No snow here but it's supposed to rain for a few days starting tomorrow afternoon so maybe I will get a few more things done outside tomorrow. dr says maybe if it rains I will quit doing too many things outside without taking a break. He took me to lunch today to get me away from digging for awhile. I did finish it though. Well, I finished the vegetable beds. I still want to dig some flower beds.

dooley

6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Wow Netty, that's a LOT of snow :eek:

Good morning all. Nothing as exciting as heavy snowfalls here, just a chilly, rainy day.
    Have a great one!

7. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -14°C and sunny. It was sooo nice to be home in my own bed!! Walked the dog this morning in the deep snow ... that sure was a workout! The digout continues today. At least it's a nice sunny day.
    Have a great day all :)

8. toni

Netty, what a pretty photo. Wish that snow was sitting in my yard. Glad you were able to make it home safely.

Good morning all. We are going tractor hood shopping today and looking for a couple of wood framed screen doors to use as gates to the backyard, a minnow bucket and a fishing rod w/reel if possible. I mentioned our shopping to trip to our oldest daughter last night and she had two requests for my shopping list too....an old metal TV tray w/stand and a fold up chair of some sort. This will be the first junque shopping trip with a shopping list!!

See you all tonight.

9. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Saturday morning. It's a little chilly this morning and overcast. But I can see the sun breaking through. We're supposed to get into the mid 70s. Today's chores... haul some more of aunt #1's trash to the dump. Prep aunt #2's flower beds for planting in a few weeks.
    For me, I'll be fertilizing the Daylilies and putting in some of those "spikes" for the fruit trees since the ground is still a little wet. Then I need to do some weeding.

10. dooley

Good morning! Waiting for apple/raisin/cinnamon muffins to finish baking. Cloudy here this morning and rain in forecast and no digging today. Knees shouted ouch half the night. Will try to get fertilizer around rose bushes.

dooley

11. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, winter has been charging it's snow batteries for awhile, yesterday and this morning we were zapped with 22 inches of white stuff. Seed planting has been cancelled, with no future date determined. The squirrels are ordering delivery from local feeders and will not be seen for several days. Birds have been hired to deliver seeds. Soon the roar of snowblowers will break the silence. But first pictures!! Grab camera.....put on fishing boots.......no fish.......take pictures.....click.......click.

Jerry

stratsmom, gfreiherr and Kay like this.
  12. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -20°C and sunny. I had a great day outside yesterday! After shoveling our way out, I went out snowshoeing. It was a beautiful sunny day and all the fresh snow made everything look so bright and clean. Will definitely get out again today.
    Woke up this morning to see a huge red glow in the dark sky ... a neighbor fairly close by has had a structure fire. I do hope that everyone got out OK. Fire terrifies me. Count your blessings everyone and have a great day.

13. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon to you all. A dry, settled day here today. The birds are still eating well!
    Have a great one everyone, and those with heavy snow please stay safe.

14. dooley

Good morning! We woke up to thunder and lightning. Had to hurry and let Chance inside. She doesn't like thunder and lightning and she doesn't like getting wet. We had over an inch in one hour. Now, we must be in a lull. No rain, thunder or lightning. Chance's bed got wet so I had to make her a new one so she could go back outside. Welcome to a new day!

dooley

15. toni

Good morning all. Heavy rain happened here starting about 3 a.m. Don't know how long it lasted but it was really heavy and loud when I fell asleep. Only got just under an inch for all that but it's greatly appreciated by my gardens.

No more on the weather radar for the northern and western parts of the state but Dooley you do have more heading your way as it moves over into Arkansas and Louisiana.