The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! The sun is shining but it's windy and cold. Hope it warms up some.

dooley

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning to you all. A lovely day here, not exactly warm but it feels spring-y. That's good enough for me.
    Oh and... Happy Valentine's Day!

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -10°C and overcast. Today is shopping and errand day. I must remember to get some potting soil today, I keep forgetting!!
    Have a great day all :)

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. Woke up to a light frost this morning. Hopefully it didn't damage my tender plants. We were only supposed to get down to around 37F. Darn weatherfolks! They are predicting temps right around the freezing mark on Sunday morning, so I'll be sure to cover up those special guys on Saturday. Maybe this will be our last freeze? :fingerscrossed:
    I got my tax refund and promptly went out and bought a couple of big containers. Also got the gutter stuff to set up another rain barrel.
    Today... potting soil and mulch!
    This is more fun than Christmas!

Advertisement
  5. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy Valentine's day!I bet I get a new plant today!Haha even if I get it myself.
    Going to have luch at Pizza Hut.
    Starting my diet tomorrow,or maybe not.
    Cheryl,New containers,huh?Girl knows how to spend extra funds.LOL
    sNs

6. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 1°C and windy. The temperature will drop during the day and more snow is on the way. PA day for the kids today and Monday is Family Day so another extra long weekend YIPPEE! Finally remembered my potting soil so it looks like my plants are finally getting re-potted. Maybe I'll start a few seeds too. Have a great day all :)

7. cherylad

Happy Friday morning! Another chilly start to the day with the thermometer reading 37F on my way out the door. Should be nice sunny warm almost reaching 70 this afternoon. But it will be about 10 degrees cooler tomorrow with freezing temps on Sunday morning. So... I will have to cover up the tender plants again for the night.
    I'll be picking up some potting soil and mulch on the way home. Yippee! Playing in the dirt time!

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. 46 degrees this morning, not supposed to get much warmer than this all day, overcast but not a drop of rain..all to the east of us yet again.

Taking off for the weekend, no junque shopping this weekend, just a belated Valentines retreat from the everyday. See you all Sunday afternoon.

9. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -14°C and lightly snowing. My daughter wants to go shopping today so I guess that is what I will be doing today. Have a great day all :)

10. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. A cold clear today here and our high probably won't reach 60F. But there's plenty to do outside. Pull weeds, spread mulch. And cover up the tenders tonight since they're predicting a low of about 30F. Hoping this is the last of winter... but probably not. :headscratch:

11. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -19°C and sunny.I bought a few packages of seeds yesterday, mainly for the veggie garden. I finally re-potted some of my house plants and also potted up some elephant ears I had downstairs in storage. Sure feels nice to have dirty hands again :)

12. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. The day appears to be shaping up like yesterday... except a tad warmer. And hopefully it won't be as breezy... that just makes it a little too cool.
    I'll me planting my strawberries today... and moving a few plants from the laundry room to outside so I can start hardening off a few seedlings. I'm sure I'll find more things to piddle-around with outdoors. Gotta love all the sunshine! :stew2:

13. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Can't wait to get outside and start spreading new bark, moving some perennials and doing general yard clean-up. Cold but clear this AM

14. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy Sunday.I'm seeing 2 signs of an early spring.The big greenhouse I frequent has opened up the part where they grow all the bedding flowers.This is about 2 weeks earlier than last year.Girl said they had gotten in many plants. Bursting at the seams!This got me in the mood to start my own cuttings.
    Another sign of spring ,the Goldfinches are getting their gold plumage. I have been noticing flashes of gold through my front window.
    sNs

15. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -16°C and sunny. It is Family Day here in Canada and my family was so kind as to wake me up so I could make them a family breakfast :rolleyes: After I made them all breakfast, cleaned the mess in the kitchen and washed all their dishes I took the dog out for a long walk. Now I am having a coffee and thinking about what to do with the rest of my day. Have a great day all :)