The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -7°C and snowing. Again. I have just about had enough of winter! 28 days until spring and I can't wait! Have a great day all :)

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. It's a little on the cool side today with our highs expected to reach the mid 60s. And there's a 50% chance of rain today and chances increase tomorrow.
    I saw another semi-truck loaded with plants pulling into the "big" nursery this morning. I don't like shopping there... but it's going to be hard to resist seeing what all has arrived. :stew2:

3. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Hi everyone. Saw a new bird at my feeder today! I moved my taller shepherds hook to the computer window and moved the shorter one to where the tall one had been. So now I can see the feeder much better ;) Anyway, there's a bunch of house finches now, and I saw...a Carolina Wren! :D I knew what it was as soon as I saw it, but I Googled it just to make sure ;) There was also a squirrel earlier, I smacked the window and he was scrambling to get down and caught a toe in the area where the 2 hooks meet. It upset me a bit, I was about to go out and see if I could free him but he managed to get unstuck just then. Hope he'll be more careful next time! Heck, Ill just set up a little feeding station just for them :)

4. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Good evening all. Had eye exam today and I can finally see again. Cataract surgery coming up in a couple weeks. I want it over with before the gardening season is in full swing.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Thursday morning all! Currently -15°C and sunny. I'm off to do my errands and shopping this morning. Happy Thursday all :)

6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all. Bitterly cold wind here, brrrr! Definitely don't want to be standing outdoors for more than a few seconds :eek:
    Have a great one all!

7. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. A wet commute into work and the heart of the storm isn't due until around lunchtime. And it will be warmer today with highs in the mid 70s. The weekend forecast looks good... sunny!
    Co-workers have been bringing in starts from plants they're dividing... I scored FOUR things yesterday! And I contributed two things from my own garden. Who needs a nursery when you can just trade? :-D

8. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -9°C and overcast. I'm grumpy this morning, I admit it. People here should learn to leave me alone until I have had my coffee LOL Have a great day all :)

9. cherylad

Happy Friday morning! The "big" rain storm yesterday left me with 1/4 inch of rain. No complaints since there's not a chance of the wet stuff for the next week. Which means I get a sunny weekend to work (play) in the garden.

10. Henry Johnson

Henry Johnson In Flower

Netty; I think I understand perfectly, e.g. here is my avatar for some sites:

[​IMG]
    ? ATTITUDE?? ( photo / image / picture from Henry Johnson's Garden )

Chuckle, chuckle, Hank..

Netty and Donna S like this.
  11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I love that avatar Hank!!!! I'm right there with you Netty.

Good just barely afternoon all. Woke up to a temp of 32 this morning, it's only just hit 34 degrees at noon.

Cheryl the big storm went over us like a whisper night before last....didn't hear a thing and it only left 1/4th inch of rain. And all we have in the forecast for the next week is a chance that 20% of the whole north central Texas area will see maybe a half inch.

The Blue Bonnet and Indian Paintbrush wildflower display along the highways will probably be almost non existent since we had such a dry Fall and Winter. :rolleyes:

12. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 1°C and overcast. We were expecting high winds and wet snow from the SE last night and it didn't happen. I'm not complaining!
    Made 6 dozen muffins for my daughters skating club yesterday and took my son to get his learners permit. Found a new thrift shop too! Today Im taking my son for a haircut and then working on the skating rink on the front lawn. Have a great day all :)

13. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. We were down to 40s overnight but should get to the mid60s today with lots of sunshine. I hope so... because I have plenty to do outside... as soon as it warms up a bit.

14. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Another freezing morning...literally. Made it down to about 30 overnight, just now 32 and the birdbaths are all frozen solid. Not complaining at all!!! About time we had some winter in February.

I found some German Chamomile plants at Whole Foods last night...bought 4. Got them in the greenhouse keeping warm.

15. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Good day all :) Its 32º according to my computer, and its sunny according to looking out the window ;) We got some ice yesterday! Its mostly all melted now, though our back porch is still a skating rink. I went through my seed bag yesterday (I keep all my packets in an old victoria's secret bag lol) and threw out all the empty packets. I probably should throw out all the seeds cause theyre all old, but I want to try growing them anyway. I did buy some new seeds yesterday (white and purple coneflower), and I was able to find these seeding trays Ive been looking for, the kind that you put the cell packs in and it keeps the water from spilling all over the place. Also got the clear dome tops for em :)
    Ive been enjoying watching the birds at the feeder that I put by the computer window the other day. Ive got house finches mostly, though I saw a female cardinal, some juncos and even a carolina wren :D