The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Rustled some snow bell bulbs from the foundation plantings of a vacant house to be demoed. Naturalized them in the little orchard along with some others gleaned last spring. Busy morning getting gardening errands done and spreading bark. Found a nice pair of Japanese skimmia and some varigated leaf hellebores. Back out to the yard to enjoy the limited sunshine. :stew1: and get my hands dirty.

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday morning. Looks like today's weather is going to be a repeat of yesterdays... sunny and in the 70s.
    My good brother and Hubby put up some more gutters for a second rain barrel yesterday. I just need to rinse out the barrel and hook up the filter and it'll be ready to go.
    I spent the day planting some bare roots and cleaning up/out dead leaves/branches.
    I moved some of the potted plants back to their outdoors home in the hope that we don't get another freeze. If so, I'll just have to scurry and tuck them away.
    I also moved the seedlings from the laundry room to the corner of the back deck so they can get used to some wind and extra sunshine.
    Today.... I'm going continue my clean-up and spread some mulch.

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon to you all. Beautiful spring weather here today, at last. Going to take a long walk with the dogs today, pure bliss!
    Have a great one all!

4. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, winter has refreshed itself with just enough white stuff to call into question the groundhog's prediction. However they have not called out the plows. A good sign? Maybe.

Jerry

Advertisement
  5. Jewell

A beautiful mild day. Got five big ferns moved, two to the compost bin and three transplanted. Also got one panel up to hide the service areas. Only three more to go. Will try to get the hosta planted that I had to remove as we did the cement to hold up the panel. Love spring weather.

6. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Beautiful day today, got to 40º! I repotted 2 of my houseplants, found and put out my hanging platform feeder, poked through the flower beds and saw plenty of green shoots (and crocuses :) ) and even chilled out on our sidewalk for 15 mins while poking at the snow still covering one of the beds *lol*

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently -1°C and overcast. There is another storm on the way tomorrow, but todays forecast looks wonderful with warm temperatures and sunshine. Post weekend clean up today and maybe put together a seed order. Have a great day all :)

8. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. It was nice at the house this morning... but about half way to the office it got foggy and drizzly. So much for the wash job on the truck yesterday.
    I got alot of cleaning up done yesterday... even spread out some Cosmos and Marigold seeds. I'm thinking I may even be able to plant some of the store bought plants this come weekend.

9. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 0°C and sunny. The sun is shining, the birds are singing ... it's almost feeling like spring! Messy storm blowing in tonight though, and more snow is on the way. I sure can't wait until winter is over! Have a great day all :)

10. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Man! the winds yesterday evening were terrible! Gusts up to 35 MPH. I'll have to check out and see what all got blown around when I get home. And since we were expected to get down to near freezing, I had to shuffle the young plants around to protect them. Today is breezy but sunny and the high should reach the mid60s. And there's a few days of freezing temps expected towards the end of the week. Guess the plants will stay tucked away a little longer.

11. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy tues,I keep glancing out the front window expecting to see it snowing..There is no feeding frenzy at the bird feeders yet.But it is soo windy out it is bad for poor birds.We used to get an inexpensive Christmas tree & put it up to block the north wind but the squirrels would climb the tree & get the feed.
    Last Mar we had a heatwave but weather guy said don't expect it this year.Probably better for plants to have more seasonal temps but is nice for winter weary gardeners!
    sNs

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Still windy this morning, we had steady winds yesterday around 30 mph with some gusts reaching 55 mph but not that windy this morning. But the winds we do have make the outside temp feel like 39 deg. And as usual we are sunny and dry.
    The Dove, Red-winged Blackbirds and assorted Sparrows have emptied the feeders of Safflower seeds and the Starlings with some Sparrows are busy working on emptying the suet holders while the Doves are on the ground as clean up crew.
    Two Red-bellied Woodpeckers are busy drilling holes in a Chinaberry tree out back.

Perfect day to put in a movie and do some knitting on a sweater I'll hopefully get to wear next winter.

13. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 1°C and snowing. The big storm that was supposed to hit us last night was a bust, but for some reason it is still a snow day today. We only got a couple of centimeters of snow! Not sure what to do with my day yet. Have a great day all :)

14. Jewell

Full moon in the morning dark. Have had some rain with breaks between. Cool, but no freezing. Snow forecast for the mountains though.

15. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. It was 40F when I left home for work... supposed to get up to 70F this afternoon... plenty of sunshine.
    And I'm stuck at the office all day. Come on weekend!