The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 0°C and overcast. We had a bit of thick, heavy snow fall last night and the trees look so beautiful. I'm off to do some errands and shopping. Have a great day all :)
    [​IMG]

Frank and cherylad like this.
  2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. I'm tired of this wind! It's drying everything out... and it makes it too miserable to stay outside for too long.
    We were expected to get close to freezing overnight, but I don't think it made it. The thermometer showed 40F when I left home. The high might reach 60F this afternoon. At least it's sunny...

3. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Just got home from watering my friends plants. She is off on an African safari.The kind of safari where the only shots taken are with a camera.I can't even imagine such a trip!
    sNs

4. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -3°C and sunny. Thank goodness it is Friday!
    I'm working on our tax return today...FUN WOW! Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. Had to scrape ice off the windshield this morning. It should warm up to near 60F this afternoon. And we're expecting the same temps over the weekend. So I guess the plants will stay covered up a few more days. Could THIS be our last freezes??

6. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Today I'm cleaning,cleaning!Daughter is coming from St Louis & I don't want her to put me on Hoarders.
    Weatherman said he doesn't know what happened.It wasn't supposed to snow but it is.
    sNs

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all. The weather has been dry here all week. Apart from some cold wind it's been near-perfect spring weather.
    Have a great Saturday!

8. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -7°C and overcast. Lots of laundry to do today, and we are installing a new toilet today too. I lead a very exciting life ;)
    Have a great day all!

9. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. It's 40F right now and windy... but sunny. My plan for today was to lay some more mulch but I might just postpone that until tomorrow. I think if I tried it with this wind... my cardboard would end up in the next county! And I do need to give everything a good drink since it's been so dry and windy the past week.

10. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

We are to get another layer of snow 4-8 inches.Last time they just a dusting.And got 6 inches.But Flowers and trees+ river will love it.My Big yellow loves it also.

11. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -9°C and overcast. Not a lot planned today ... I need to do some baking (with my new apron, thanks again Dooley!) and I need to make some salads. Have a great day all :)

12. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. It got down into the upper 20s overnight, but I just checked the thermometer.. it's already 50F. It barely reached the mid50s yesterday and it was windy all day. I didn't attempt to do anything outside, so I went to help my cousins who are doing to sprucing up at the mother's house while she's in the hospital.
    So... today should be a great day to get some stuff done outside... it's sunny and should warm up to at least 60F. AND... no wind!! :stew2:

13. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

KK,At least the weather cooperated so our daughter could
    come up from MO on Fri.It wasn't so cold either. She will be long home before next snow.
    Yes,I'm glad it is going to snow for same reasons you said.
    I doubt very much if it will be 82 on St Pat's day like last year.This is fine with me,also.
    sNs

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sunny and warm here today but not as windy as yesterday. Our awning blew upside down when a gust of wind blew through. It bent the poles so we took down aprons and totes and came home from the mini market.
    Today would have been a great day for a market. We bought book shelves for the sewing room to replace the large plastic one. should take up less space, but right now there are books everywhere, bears everywhere and assorted sewing stuff everywhere. I wonder if I will ever sew again in here. Maybe won't even be able to walk through the rest of the house.

dooley

15. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -8°C and overcast. Today is the first day in a very long time that I will be home alone. My plan was to start my spring cleaning, but it's so nice and quiet here for a change that I might just wait until tomorrow to start. I'm relaxing today :)
    Have a great day all!