The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday morning. A warmer start to the day with temps in the low 60s right now. It should reach 70F. Sounds great, right? Wrong.... WINDY again. Oh well... at least I got my cardboard and mulch laid down yesterday.... which turned out to be a gorgeous day.
    After I go grocery shopping this morning... I'll get back to watering.

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all! We've had quite a few dry days now but some showers promised for this week. But hey milder weather so that's not too bad :)
    Have a great one today!

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -8°C and sunny. The birds were singing again this morning and that sure starts my day off with a smile :) Today I am going to finish and submit my tax return, and then start planning this years garden. Have a great day all!

4. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Getting more snow -so glad I don't have to work.To get 4-8 inches this time. But winds are are to pick up and have drifts and white outs.

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. The day started off in the upper 60s. It's cloudy but not expected to rain. And yep... it's windy. Lows overnight are predicted to get near freezing again. So... I'll be covering up the plants when I get home.... again.

6. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Like Koszta Kid,we are getting a real snow fall. All schools are closed.I never thought I'd say this but I'm actually welcoming the snow.It is beautiful out there. No place I need to go except I need to go water my friends plants. I reread her email & I was supposed to water her orchids in bathtub & mist them good. Well,I forgot to water but I did mist!
    sNs

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. I worked in the front garden almost all day yesterday, high temp of 88 which tied a record for highest temp on that data. I really hate days that tie or break record high temps from the past, or set a record high temp.

Front moved through last night so this morning it is 46!! A couple of mornings just above freezing coming up but it looks like true winter weather has left my part of Texas.

8. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Highways must be fine or they are nuts.Now my gravel road another story.

9. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Oh Phoo, Oh Phoo, winter is preparing another session of white stuff. 6 to 10 inches, not good. I wonder if someone pulled the groundhog out of its hole backwards. The snowblower is ready to go again.

Jerry

10. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast. Was up late last night and I am dragging my butt today. I think another coffee is needed! Have a great day all :)

11. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. Had to cover the tender plants again last night. I'm not certain it got down to freezing, but it was going to be too close to take any chances since a few things had already start to put on new growth. I think I should be able to leave them uncovered tonight (and hopefully until NEXT winter!).
    I took my 10 year old truck (named Snowball) with 200,000 miles to my mechanic (named Lance) to get an oil change, new spark plugs & wires, air filter... and a general "check up" to see if there's something that needs fixing before it breaks. I luv that truck!

12. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good afternoon! Back home after a trip to College Station to "meet" my new doctor. Another lady doctor. She seems very nice and wasn't in a big hurry to change things. She wants me to monitor more stuff than glucose levels and give her a report in a month.
    Thinks my hand will be okay but report back on that, too. Late breakfast, a bit of shopping, home, a late lunch. Now, it's rest time.

dooley

13. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon to all Stewbies. The rain (albeit it mist and drizzle) has returned here. I guess it is not so bad to get a day or two but hope it doesn't continue too much.
    Have a great one all!

14. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Got towels ready to wipe muddy dog feet.To get up to 40's by Friday. Fog just lifted. And to get rain Sat.DS got old time cellar picked up .Just in case creek comes out.

15. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 3°C and overcast. I've already had to wipe the dogs feet for a couple of days ... things are melting!! Off to do some errands and shopping today. Have a great day all :)