The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone,

Its warmer here but its snowing, just a little bit but its still snow!!

I'm home today, have absolutely nothing to do, so i plan on cleaning the windows, on the inside anyway and have some laundry to do.

Cant believe that tomorrow is Friday already, my gosh this week has flown by....but hey its gets us that much closer to Spring!!

Enjoy your day everyone.

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. I think today is going to be like yesterday.... starting the day off in the upper 30s and reaching the low 70s. No rain.... not until maybe Sunday.

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. I wish we had a reason to dry off doggy paws here but my yard has had no rain since about mid Feb.

I am heading out into the back garden to play in the dirt....bought plants the other day and since we have no temperatures cooler than 40 in our forecast and the highs will be in the 60-70 degree range time to do some planting.

And I need to set up a flat surface for the seedlings to harden off before planting in a week or so....when the bed is ready that is.

4. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Morning everyone,

Its Friday!! And its the starty of March break for us here, and the weekend is supposed to be gorgeous!!

Off to Toronto shortly, get down and back before all the traffic starts heading north to where i am.

Got a good start on my cleaning yesterday, got most in the windows done on the inside, no point on attempting outside when its supposed to rain on Sunday.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all. Currently 0°C and overcast. The weather is looking great for the weekend ... mild and sunny. That should help melt the mountains of snow! Kids are home for 10 days now, not sure what I am going to do to keep them amused ... our skating rink appears to be a large puddle.
    Have a great day all :)

6. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Not the nicest of days out there this morning. Good morning everyone, snow rules the day as it gets whiter by the minute. The roadways are passable and the, 'I need to get to work' people trickle one by one down the street, eddies of snow chasing behind them. It would be a roll over and go back to work day 'cept I have a doctors appointment this morning. I hope this is the last time I have to saddle up the snowblower this year. The plants don't need any more 'poor man's fertilizer'. I'll bet that groundhog in Pennsylvania gets to sleep in this morning.

Jerry

7. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. Woke up to mid 50 temps and we're expected to reach the low 70s this afternoon. No rain. I really want the day to go by quickly... need to stop and get some potting soil and mulch... and check out the markdown rack. Tomorrow I get to start putting a few things in the ground... and in pots! The seedlings will get moved outdoors for some hardening up.
    My cousin is fixing our riding mower... hope it's done by at least next weekend. But I'll get out the push mower and weed-whacker and get some tidying up done.
    Come on weekend! :smt026

8. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -6°C and foggy. Weatherman calls for a mild sunny day! Not sure what is planned today, but I sure hope it is outside!
    Have a great day all :)

9. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. The temps are in lower 60s and it's overcast with a slight chance of rain. I have so many things I want to get done today, so unless it really starts to rain I'll be out there today finishing some mulching, planting some things and giving the potted plants and seedlings a feeding of miracle gro.
    There's a 50% chance of rain tomorrow night, so I think I'll still do a little watering today... just in case.

10. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Mud and more mud. It rained about an 1 inch.Golden lab loves to wait to close by and shakes.Before I can wipe her feet. :-D

11. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 1°C and overcast. I think weatherman calls for some rain today. I guess at this point, rain is better than snow :)
    No plans yet for the day. The kids are still sleeping - the clocks sprang forward last night so I'm sure they will be up in an hour. Have a great day all!

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all. We have quite a cold breeze here today and I've a head cold so it's quite miserable. Colder temperatures promised for next week.
    Have a great Sunday all!

13. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. Temps are in the high 60s and might reach the 70s. The rain is expected to start soon. It's actually getting darker by the minute.
    I'm glad I got most of chores done yesterday.... did some planting, sprucing up, mowed, trimmed, got rid of any dead left-over plants in containers. Up-potted a few things. Finished the last of the cardboard/mulching projects (now time to add the border).
    Hubby's sister and her husband came over to visit and brought supper for us. What a great day... got to play in the dirt and DIDN'T have to cook! :stew2:
    Today... guess I'll be stuck inside. I guess I could do some house cleaning. And maybe this afternoon go visit my aunt that recently got out of the hospital.

14. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Sun AM,It is wet & foggy out there.Good things are:seeds are coming up.Cuttings are rooting.Bulbs are on the racks at the stores.Need to check Walmart to see if they are cheaper there.It is early but I like to pick while selection is good. I can keep them cooler,too.Bad thing that happened:I knocked a McCoy flower pot off the shelf.No way to blame cat or dog or hubby LOL Now I can justify getting the large pink one I saw yesterday.
    sNs

15. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Rain and more rain.Creeks bank full and over.But River can take a lot.So muddy wore my boots to church.About sucked them off of me :D :D Plants are loving it