The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -3°C and overcast with light snow. It's cold out and so the lake on the lawn is frozen enough to skate on! After my errands and shopping that is exactly what we are going to do. Have a great day all :)

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. I'm still feeling sickly, but better. And today started off such much better than yesterday. Our high temp should reach the mid 70s again with nothing but sunshine.
    I'm so ready for the weekend. I have this strong urge to go plant shopping.

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. We have three 80+ degree days coming up :eek: Clean up in the backyard, getting a raised bed set up and setting up a place to harden off my seedlings on the list for today.

Cheryl, a little retail therapy in a garden center is just the thing to help make whatever ails you go away. I have been thinking I need to check out what's available at the garden centers too.

4. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -12°C and overcast with light snow. Had a great time skating yesterday and will skate more today. Hope we don't get too much snow. Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy Fri.Yesterday it got warm enough to get a huge ice dam moving in town north of us thus stopping severe flooding. All the recent moisture has changed our drought status. Yay!.
    We are no longer classed as being in severe drought conditions.
    I'm sure the sub soil is short but at least these seasonal temps help.A year ago it was 82.
    sNs

6. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, the ground is appearing. :) Time to turn over a few leaves and look for activity. Brave flowers may be pushing the ground up. The ice on the pond is not yet melted. The rain gauge has ice in it. Smart flowers have not started digging for the surface. I miss the crocus. Darn midnight muncher. :twisted: I must remember to plant crocus this fall. I am off to the garden center today to buy some rocks.

Jerry

7. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. The temp this morning as 50F and we should be reaching the lower 80s for the next few days. I think today will just be a half day for me at work. Come on weekend!

8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all. I'm hoping spring will start for real now. Bitter cold seems to have disappeared for now!
    Have a great one all!

9. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! sun is shining. Temp. is to be 80 today. I need to rake the backyard garden and maybe plant those pole beans along the fence. Could dig the front yard gardens and maybe finish up cutting scrubby brush along the front fence. I'm going to buy morning glory seeds whenever we get to the store again. I thought it was just a bit early to plant those though. You know how you rush spring and then winter zaps you one more time. I have to fill the birds water tubs and they think they need more food. But, they empty it on the ground and they want it refilled again. It's getting warm enough they can find their own food and ours will be a treat when we fill it.
    dooley

10. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -9°C and overcast. Our skating rink is in great shape so I think we will spend most of the weekend skating. My legs are a little sore ... no pain no gain LOL
    Have a great day all :)

11. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Good Sat morning. When I read what you Texas folks are doing now it makes me think I'm living in the wrong area LOL
    It is dreary & cool here.I can't even spend much time in my greenhouse without suffering achy bones from the cool & dampness.Maybe I'll set up a card table near the stove & do some potting.Maybe I will go shopping instead.
    sNs

12. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. Sorry SewNSow... hate to tell you it's in the lower 70s right now and expected to reach the mid 80s. There's a few clouds... but only a very slight chance of rain. I'm going to be placing the potted plants back in the places in the garden and move the seedlings to a protected spot outdoors. Hopefully this will be the last time I have to move things. No more freezes please!
    I really need to do some mowing, but my cousin hasn't fixed the mower yet. On well... one more week won't hurt. I'll be out there puttering around. And then this evening... it's off to Houston to catch Eric Clapton in concert! woohooo!

13. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good Saturday everyone. We have reached 81 degrees, probably will get one more degree out of it then another night of having the AC window unit on for sleeping then a few more seasonal days in the 65-75 degree range. Still no rain so that is certainly not seasonal for March.

Having drag water hoses around the front and back today, bone dry with a very high wind making it even drier.

14. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -10°C and sunny. Had a horrible nights sleep on account of the 5 staples in my head I got at the ER yesterday. I'm very tired today, and it seems I caught a cold as well. I think I had better take it easy today. Have a great day all :)

15. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. We have an overcast sky this morning, but I can see that it's slowly clearing out. Highs will probably reach lower 80s again.
    Today's chores... water and water and then water some more. I've got a few seeds to plant. Gonna be a kick-back relaxing day I think.