The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -5°C and overcast. More snow is on the way for today. I did all my errands and shopping yesterday after my Doctors appointment so I can stay home today. Have a great day all :)

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. We got just about 1/4 inch of rain yesterday morning. Just enough to water in the recently planted items.
    Today is a little cooler with temps in the mid 50s... but we'll be warming up to a pleasant mid 70s again today. There's supposed to be a slight chance of rain... but I won't hold my breath on it!

3. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -7°C and overcast. We also had some light snow overnight GRRR I think spring weather is NEVER going to get here! Cleaning house today and catching up on weekend chores because I won't be home most of the weekend...going to Canada Blooms :) HAve a great day all!

4. cherylad

Happy Friday morning! Yippee... just an 8-hour workday away from the weekend! :stew2:
    We have a slightly warmer start to the day with temps in the mid60s and going up to mid80s with just a little bitty chance of rain. I did run into a couple of sprinkles on my commute.
    My plans for the weekend... do some yardwork for one of my aunts and then try to get my riding mower back from my cousin because I REALLY need to mow around the house.... and weed-eat... and pull weeds.

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. When I saw that the high temp forecast for today was 64, I didn't realize that the high would occur around 6 a.m. and the temperature would go steadily down from there. :eek: We have winter like temps back for a couple of days!!! Yea!!

Still no rain even though the dark clouds look promising and there is a slight chance of rain but not necessarily in my part of north Texas.

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Gee, Toni, it was 60 when I finally surfaced this morning but it was 78 degs when we were heading home from town a few minutes ago. Sun comes and goes and I'm going out to water some things in a few minutes.

dooley

7. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast. Im up early this morning to take my daughter for an exam in another city. Once there I will have to amuse myself for 3 hours. Looking forward to getting home and baking. Tomorrow is the flower show! Have a great day all :)

8. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. It's 70F and overcast with a 30% chance of rain. We could use it... but I need to go help my aunt with her yard. Maybe the rain will wait until this afternoon?

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. A little rainy here this morning but moving away quickly so we are pretty much looking at less than 1/4th of an inch....big whoop.

Will be out of town today, taking care of some things concerning my Mom so will see you all tonight

10. Netty

Good Sunday morning all! Currently -2°C and overcast. I'm up early, packed and ready to go to Canada Blooms this morning. My daughter and I are joining a group of gardeners from another town, hoping on a charter bus and heading to Toronto for the day. And yes, I have packed my camera, extra batteries, and a spare memory card :) Have a great day all - I know I will!

11. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. Yesterday was a cloudy misty day. But I did manage to get my aunt's yardwork done. And most of mine. Today? Sunny, but very windy and cooler. Mid-50s now and it won't be warming up a whole bunch either.
    And guess what I get to do this afternoon? Bring in and cover up the tender plants AGAIN! There's chances of it freezing the next three days. :scheming:
    Oh yeah... I saw my first hummingbird yesterday, so the feeders were put out.

12. dooley

Good morning! Only about 35 and very windy. Doesn't do much for arthritis. I had to walk around inside this morning to get my knees started. Will be cold and windy for a few days. I'm glad I didn't put those tomatoes, peppers and other stuff outside.

dooley

13. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -3°C and sunny. Have a great day at the garden show yesterday ... took over 200 photos and walked for miles. I was exhausted and slept like a rock last night! I'll go thru the photos and post some in a while. First, I have some chores to do! Have a great day all :)

14. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Our snow total yesterday and last night was 17 inches and still light snow this morning. I don't think I am going anywhere. wannabe

15. dooley

Good morning! I'm sorry you have so much snow wannabe. We don't have any and the wind has about stopped but the weather says it will get to be 20 mph today. It is only 27 out this morning. A couple more days of this and then back to 70's. Knees aren't too bad this morning. Had heat on all night.

dooley