The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Friday. It's right at 60F and expected to get into the mid-to-upper 70s. But it's a little cloudy with a very slight chance of rain.
    Today's biggest chore... go get the riding mower back from my cousin. Then my yardwork can begin. When my junky neighbor's place looks better than mine... you know it has to look bad! :D
    I found a couple more plants on my wish list, so I have some planting to do and all sorts of little things to do.
    Then this evening, a cousin is having his annual crawfish boil. I haven't been to one before... so it's going to be fun.

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. 61 deg here heading into the upper 70's later. Heavy overcast but nary a drop of rain.

Cheryl, have fun at the crawfish boil. A place where Randy worked many years ago had a crawfish/shrimp/crab boil every year, the owner and his wife were from New Orleans. Never tried the crawfish though.

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -3°C and sunny. It looks like a great day ahead! I hope to get some yardwork done, today but first my daughters skating carnival. It will be her first time performing :) Have a great day all!

4. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Going to work fast in garden. To rain but I will not melt.Go give church quick cleaning.New member was to start-but hasn't done it yet.Can't stand it to be dirty.

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. Our temps today 65-80F. Mostly cloudy but I don't think it'll rain even though they've got a slight chance of it in the forecast.
    I got some flowers planted yesterday and started the weeding and gave everyone a good drink. Hubby got the grass mowed. Now it looks good around here again.
    Took my 95-year-old-aunt to the crawfish boil last night. Lots of food & family.
    Today... pull weeds. Water the fruit trees. Put the seedlings out once again and hopefully they'll be ready to plant by next week (I'm just scared of a late frost still).

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's still morning and I picked another small basket of sugar snap peas and hoed the potatoes and hill them up a bit. Carried the tender plants outside and gave them some water, too. Everyone wants some water. I'll do the back garden in a bit. Probably need to hoe a bit around plants out there, too. We have peppers, 30 tomato plants, eggplants, cucumbers, cantaloupe, petunias, portulaca and whatever else is in those three trays. I think maybe by the end of next week I can put them out. Oh, geraniums. I might put them out in a pot today and then cover them if it gets cool at night. They are going by the back gate.
    But first, rest time.

dooley

7. Netty

Good Sunday morning all, and Happy Easter all! Currently 3°C and overcast. Great day yesterday, I got more yard cleanup done. Rain the forecast for today and I'll be cooking a turkey so I'll be staying indoors. Have a great day all!

8. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning... and Happy Easter. Looks like our temperatures will be about the same again, but it's cloudier this morning. I thought for sure we'd get rain last night... lots of dark clouds rolled in... and rolled on to somewhere else.
    And I didn't get any of the weeding or watering done yesterday. So I must at least give the fruit trees a drink. Watch... as soon as I finish, it will rain. :D
    We'll be staying home today (except for a visit over to my aunts). Will put a ham on the smoker in a bit.

9. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

This say's it all, from me to you at the Stew

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from SusieQ07's Garden )

cherylad likes this.
  10. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Happy April Fool's Day from Nashville Tennessee!

An eerie view from my back deck early this morning.

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Ronni's Garden )

toni and carolyn like this.
  11. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. It feels a little cooler this morning and it's overcast. And I was right about the rain yesterday... not more than 1/2 hour after I finished giving the fruit trees a good drink...I noticed those dark clouds forming again. I told them "Hah! You're not going to fool me again, I went and ahead and watered!" Well... it POURED! The rain gauge showed 2 inches. :D Oh well... we really needed a good rain and everything looks so happy now. And now that the ground is wet, today is going to be weed-pulling day... unless it rains again. :rolleyes:

carolyn likes this.
  12. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

happy april fool's day all! got a lot of sunshine here and loads of work to do outside! have a good one all! :D

13. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Cheryl, it didn't work for me. We had sun and clouds, sun and clouds, sun and clouds. So, I got out the hose and watered everything. We then, got lightning but no thunder and no rain. Next rain predicted for Wednesday. Today, sun and clouds.

dooley

14. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Going on evening here and the sun has finally been shining for more than a moment each day...YAY! today it was cool and breezy, but the sun was out almost all day heating up the greenhouses quite nicely (almost like a sauna).

15. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -6°C and cloudy. It seems winter is back ... for a few days at least. Setting a record LOW temperature today and we had a dusting of snow overnight. I'm off to a chiropractic appointment this morning ... I'm long overdue! Have a great day all :)