The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy Fri,Decent weather here.I'm getting things planted.With a couple of warm nights my tropicals are finally showing!Haha,it is hard to be finished when every time I leave home I return with at least 1 plant!But it was on sale & needed a home!
    sNs

Henry Johnson likes this.
  2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Friday morning. mid70s to mid90s. no chance of rain.
    Repeat this for the next 7 days.

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all! The weather has taken a turn for the worst again. The wet weather has returned and a chilly wind along with it. Ho-hum.
    Have a great Friday all!

4. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Good morning everyone, the monsoons seem to have abated, the sky is getting lighter and the aphids have come out for a snack. Over the past 2 weeks we have had 6.37 inches of rain. Spring is turning out to be a wash. :-( On the plus side, the grass is happy. Right now it is 55°F/12.7°C. Perhaps the summer will be a blistering 75°F.

(Noah's assistant) Jerry

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all. Another hot and dry day beginning here. There is a high pressure system on top of us that is the only thing keeping our temperatures from being in the 100+ range this week, it's also preventing any rain from heading our way. Yesterday was 98 deg, but it felt like 104 so whether the thermometer reads 100 or not it's still 100+ outside.

I did stick some seeds in the ground hoping to fill in some bare spots in the garden and I dug up some potatoes. They will be with supper tonight since I forgot to cook them last night. :rolleyes: Pork Loin, green beans (frozen but you can't have everything perfect) and home grown new potatoes...and I have to wait for supper time now.

6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 14°C and sunny. Today is my birthday so I will do whatever I like :D This probably means a day in the garden! Have a great day all :)

7. Mrs. Galeassi

Mrs. Galeassi In Flower

Good Morning everyone, sorry I haven't been around much. I've been so busy. I can't wait to be able to get on her and see what you all have been up too.... I hit lowes yesterday after work and got 3 more plants for 10cents a piece. Well gotta go talk with you soon! Xoxoxo Miss u guys..... I'm teaching a class in 10 minutes to kids!

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! We had a busy week, what with shopping and Brian's birthday and our usual weekly errands and yard work.It says we have a 30 percent chance of rain today so I tried to up the chances. I went and watered the gardens, front and back, early this morning. I think I have what needs to be done today done. Ho Hum! Want to bet I'll be out pulling weeds or something before the day is over? Have a great day!

dooley

9. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Hello all. About 80º right now with blue skies. It sprinkled a little earlier, not enough to get excited about :) After I got off work at 12, the bf and I went up to Westfield (about a 30 min drive) to pick up my new vehicle :) Jeep Grand Cherokee. I heard they werent that great on fuel milage, so we'll see. Then we went down to the south side of Indy to see a friend we havent seen in awhile and visit my dad.
    There is a warehouse fire on the south side (about a 45 min drive from home) and we could see the smoke cloud from it up in Westfield!! Thats about 30 miles o_O
    Then we went to drop off the rental weve had for a month and now Im back home.

10. cherylad

Happy Saturday evening. I purposely did not turn on the computer this morning... had to get outside as soon as possible to get the mowing and weed eating done. By 10am I was finished. The rest of my day was spent watering the back flower beds... and just piddling around with this and that. My kinda day! Except for the 100F temps... in the shade this afternoon.
    My best friend's son came and mowed the pasture since our tractor is up near Dooley (in Bryan) working on brother's mom-in-laws place.
    The kid (well... he's a grown man with a family) refused to take money, but I told him that I was going to give it to his 3 children for a "day out" this summer.
    Phew... I'm beat. Time for a cold adult beverage, some AC and some relaxing.

11. Netty

Good Sunday morning all and Happy Fathers Day! Currently 16°C and raining. I don't think rain was in the forecast for today, but this is good as it saves me watering the gardens today. Indoor chores to do then hopefully the rain has stopped so I can go out and weed. Have a great day all :)

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sunday morning all. Junque shopping trip yesterday with oldest daughter was a great time, we both found some goodies.
    Today we are heading down to Randy's parents for Father's Day with his Dad.

Talk to you all this evening.

Hope all the Dad's connected to GardenStew have a great day.

13. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. I've been out finishing up watering in the back... all that's left is the blackberries and strawberries. Then, off to town for grocery shopping. Then it'll be time to drag the hoses for the front beds and then the fruit trees. That should take me until dark!
    There's a few clouds, some that even look like they might hold water... but I'm not putting my faith in them. And oh yeah... Happy Father's Day to you guys!

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good afternoon! Still hot and humid here, no rain. Watered yesterday, but may do so again this evening. I don't water in the heat of the day. Cooks the plants. I cut scrubby brush along the driveway and side fence of front yard. Still have to haul it away. I cut while there was shade and it wasn't so hot. Have a good Father's Day whether you are the father or the child.

dooley

15. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 14°C and cloudy. We had another thunderstorm last night, leaving my yard underwater yet again. I really don't remember getting this much rain! Thunderstorm in the forecast today too. Off to work where hopefully things aren't under water. Have a great day all :)