The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all! It's very strange June weather here. One would expect maybe sun on most days but instead we are getting dull skies again. I really feel sorry for the farmers.
    Have a great start to your week everyone!

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday morning. Weather forecasters still say mid70s to mid90s (which means 100F). But there is a 20% chance of rain in the forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday. Any clouds are welcomed to help block out the blazing sun. I think I'll stop on my way home and buy some fish for the new waterlily pond. And I need to drop off a Hidden Ginger to the guy at the resale shop as a thank you for the hanging metal fishy he gave me.

3. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Mornin all. Only 71º here but feels hotter! Took my new vehicle to the shop this morning cause it was needing some work (we knew about when we bought it). The dealership was supposed to do it but they got too busy (2 guys own it and they only have a handful of people, its not a big place) so theyre going to take care of the cost. up-potted some mint babies that Im probably going to sell sometime. If the HOA decides to do a yardsale this year thats how Ill sell em. They usually do one annually, but theyre late this year >:/

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! I have the plants all watered front and back. It's only 80 degs but is going to 97 degs and humid. Probably won't do too much else outside today. Have a good day!

dooley

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all....the Good is back cause we have had rain this morning. Usually when rain is forecast to be 'in the north Texas area' it usually doesn't mean my yard, just somewhere within a hundred miles of me. But there is now just over 3/4ths of an inch in the rain gauge and the beautiful rain clouds have cleared off to the east.

The Glads are blooming and someone ran off with the Red Matrix Lilies that have been a certain spot for two years and replaced them with pink lilies? Not really, I guess the Red Matrix just couldn't make it through the heat and drought the last two years and gave up. The pink ones are probably ones I moved from somewhere else last fall and forgot about. But I was so looking forward to the Red Matrix ones blooming :'(

6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 9°C and overcast with clearing skies in the forecast. Just a sprinkle of rain, now we are finally in for a clearing trend. Hopefully the veggie patch dries up a little! Have a great day all :)

7. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Farmer going to replant corn close to me. That got flooded out. To be warm today. So will go pull weeds before I go to work.

8. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. 20% chance of rain. Heck... I think I'd just be happy with 20% cloud coverage! :-D

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all, I could almost include the Good with the greeting. Another rain filled cloud moved across us late yesterday afternoon and dropped another 1/2 inch on my garden and through some lightening around so my plants are very happy looking this morning so that's a total of 1.25 inches for yesterday!!!. And it's a few degrees cooler than yesterday morning so that is nice too. We have a 50% change for later today then it clears out and highs return to the upper 90's for the rest of the week.

Got a cat trap from the city again and so far this week I have caught 2 cats and 2 opossum. I think there is still one cat running around so I will keep it for a couple more days.

10. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's cloudy and humid but only about 80 degs. so far with a 30 percent chance of rain. We had the same weather yesterday but no rain appeared. Today, we had rain. About 10 drops.
    We went out to finish up along the driveway, cutting scrubby brush and weeds. Still need to carry them away but it will happen later when it really decides to rain on us.

Have a good day!

dooley

11. Netty

good Wednesday morning all. Currently 8°C and sunny. Today with be a day of pruning ... many Lilacs and Bridal-wreath Spiraea's will be trimmed today at work. Soccer tonight with my daughter so it is going to be a long day for me. Have a great day all :)

12. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. Yippeee! We got almost 1/2 inch of rain yesterday. I was watering and watched the dark clouds roll in to the north. I said... yeah right... I'm not counting on you to rain here so finished a light watering. And sure enough... those clouds gave us a nice long light shower... and it cooled things off by at least 15 degrees. I heard all of the plants go "whew! we needed this!" :stew2:
    Today... same temps and chance of rain as yesterday... sure hope we get a repeat.

13. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Happy Weds! What a nice day! Had a close call last evening. Hubby found a huge bull snake nestled in a bag of potting mix in the shed.This is the bag where I had been reaching in to grab a hand full.Had I touched that snake I would have died.Note to self DO NOT reach in anywhere you can't see your hand.
    sNS

14. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 13°C and sunny. Spent the entire day pruning shrubs and will continue for at least half of today. Soccer tonight, then I do it all again tomorrow. I can't wait to sleep in! First day of summer tomorrow :)
    Have a great day all!

15. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. We got maybe 1/6th of an inch of rain yesterday. Oh well... at least with the clouds it was a bit cooler and I'm sure the plants appreciate a little break from the sun. Same expected for today.
    One of my gardening co-workers invited me to her house yesterday... so I left work a little early to tour her garden. She lives in one of those big beautiful houses in a golf course community and complains that she has a "postage stamp size" yard. Well... there is that big beautiful pool taking up most of it! Her beds from the front, sides and back are all filled to the brim with beautiful plants, flowers, and veggies. And there's all the containers on the patio, etc. Very beautiful! I'd say she has more flower beds per square foot than I do (and I have acreage).