The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Been to breakfast and the thrift shop. Pulled grass and weeds in about a third of the back garden. It's hot and humid so I'm having a break and some iced tea. Still a lot to be done. Finish one spot, move to another. It never gets all done.

dooley

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all, and Happy First day of summer! Currently 13°C and sunny with a high of 26°C expected. Friday at last! IT sure took it's time getting here this week! I am absolutely exhausted and can not wait to sleep in tomorrow. For now, it's off to work. Have a great day all :)

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Friday morning. And yep.... summer is here.
    It rained heavily at my office yesterday and guess who had the window down on their truck? :oops:
    And guess who didn't get a drop of rain at their house?
    Yep... me in both cases.
    I'm ready for the weekend.... nothing planned... just the usual mowing etc.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all. 81 degrees at 9:30 a.m. does not bode well for the afternoon being pleasant.

Youngest daughter is having a combined birthday party for herself and two friends tonight...they are using our house so that means we are going away for the night....Cable TV tonight, free breakfast tomorrow morning. ;)
    Then tomorrow morning we will be heading out to a couple of farmer's markets I found in the area.
    But NO junque shopping this weekend. My choice as I look across my desk to the room full of junque from last month and last weekend. :eek:

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 16°C and overcast. I slept in a little bit today, and that helped a bit. I feel like I still need more sleep. Maybe after the cleaning, laundry, grass cutting, deadheading, cooking, and shopping is done I can have a nap. :rolleyes: I think by then it will be bed time. I guess I could try to sleep in tomorrow. Have a great day all :)

6. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Looks beautiful this AM with blue skies. Garden is looking great and on the verge of busting into blooms :stew1:

7. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. Started off the day by going to one of my aunts and weed-eating and spraying weeds. Then it was home to get my mowing done. I'm 80% done... but it's too hot. It can wait until this evening or tomorrow morning. There's a few small light duty chores I can occupy myself with in the garden... as long as it's in the shade.

8. toni

Morning all. Daughter's birthday get together last night was apparently a success. She's at work, we are home and the house is relatively uncluttered. We are sequestered inside while the world outside bakes in the upper 90's for the next few days.

The Farmer's Market was very small but we did find some Squash, Beets (I'm going to try my hand at pickling them for Randy), Cantaloupe, blueberries, blackberries. Got same fruit and corn on the cob for oldest and her boys and got her some homemade Tamales.

9. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 21°C and hazy. With the beginning of summer has come the heat and humidity. Not too much planned today ... a bit of cleaning and some weeding when the gardens get some shade. Have a great day all :)

10. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. Need to get out there and finish the mowing and weed-eating/trimming before it gets too hot. And I've really got to start getting those weeds out.
    I came to the realization yesterday, that I wouldn't have the time to maintain not even one more flower bed. I've reached my limit (she says without much conviction).

11. toni

Good Sunday afternoon almost evening all.
    Went out to breakfast this morning, then to Strong's nursery to check things out and yep I bought two plants :rolleyes:, then to the grocery store.

This afternoon I made my first ever batch of pickled beets. Two and a half pints and had some of the liquid left over so put it in another pint and dropped two hardboiled eggs in it. Never had pickled eggs before so this ought to be interesting in a couple of weeks.

12. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 21°C and already hazy and humid. It is going to be a HOT one! Off to work, where the focus will be on watering and keeping myself cool. Have a great day all :)

13. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

I was awakened at 1 AM by thunder. We had to close windows & it has been raining off & on since. Rain,beautiful rain.Areas nearby have flooding but in my area it was getting very dry. We were about to have to water daylilies for good bloom. I have never seen such spotty
    rain as we have had the past 2 years.Some areas have deluges & flooding while areas a mile away stay dry. Weird.
    sNs

14. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Good morning all. It is 15 C. here. Rain for all this week from steady rain to showers.
    Did a garden walk this morning. Things are just starting to pop up. We were so late planting this year from all the heavy rains during planting time. Replanted beets and turnips and if we have good weather until late fall those will do fine.
    Have a great day!

15. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Morning all! 74º and mostly cloudy, though the sun is doing a good job of peeking through. I have today and tomorrow off from work, so Im probably going to just be a lazy-butt all day! The bf is off to his new job and mom is at work, so I have the house to myself :D Im going to watch some original Star Trek and maybe make cookies later. Maybe put down some mulch in my woodland garden too.