The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all. Attended a great BBQ yesterday where they raised some nice charity money. And we had amazing weather!
    Today's weather is more of the same but thankfully not as hot!
    Have a great Saturday all!

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Went to a couple more yard sales. Didn't buy anything today. Sunny and hot today. Rain forecast for everyday next week. How much will we get? Twelve more drops!

dooley

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Saturday morning. Got the mowing all done. Did the grocery shopping and other running around chores.
    Now, time to do just whatever comes up... in the shade of course, because we'll be hitting 100F pretty soon.

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all. The hot weather continues here. This is day 7 of this - it's officially a heatwave now. The sale of ice cream has gone through the roof! :)
    Have a great Sunday all!

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 19°C and clear. It turned out very hot yesterday, and today looks like a scorcher too. Hope to get some work done out in my gardens, and hopefully find somewhere to plant my new perennials. May need to extend the new garden :rolleyes:
    Have a great day all :)

6. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. Well... sorta happy. The A/C stopped working yesterday afternoon. My cousin, the A/C guy, is supposed to be here this afternoon to fix it.
    Then the handle on the toilet broke. Sheesh!
    But... it's overcast today and not too too hot. Some rain to cool it off even more would be nice.
    I got the back watered and fed all the container plants.
    Some dang worm is feasting on my Hibiscus plants again. GRRRRR....
    But on a happier note... I found a few good things on the mark down rack and got them planted. Nothing like a new plant to pick up one's spirit. :stew2:

7. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Hot day today...what are the chances of finishing the shed and putting away the tools? Would love to have the patio back for sitting and relaxing. :stew1:

8. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

86º and muggy today. Ugh.
    The bf is mowing while Im supposed to be doing yardwork. The only reason Im here is cause I needed to cool off a bit :) Just went and bought some edgers, another customer told me they were buy one get one free! Not advertised outside where the edgers were, but I did only pay half price, so I bought all the edgers I needed :D

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

GOOD afternoon all. Woke up to rain this morning...what?? Yep, RAIN. Wasn't in any forecast for today, just a slight chance a couple of days this coming week. But it started around 8 this a.m and we have had a steady heavy sprinkle alllllllllll day. All day and there is only 1/2 inch in the rain gauge, the chance for more this week has been upped so there is hope for a good soaking afterall.

10. Netty

Good Monday morning all, currently 21°C and clear. It's only 5:30 am so you know its going to be a HOT one! Done work by 2:30 can't wait. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Mondays? Have a great day all :)

11. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Good morning all. Going to be another hot one today. At the first of the garden season we had too much rain now we don't have enough. I will have to haul out the hoses this evening. Made a pizza at about 6 A.m. this morning so that we would have something for lunch. Did not want to heat the house up later. Getting ready to head out to the garden to pull some weeds.
    Have a great day everyone.

12. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! We had an early night last night. Electric went off about 9:30 and stayed off until 11:15. It rained all night and the rain gauge says almost two inches. Of course, 7 hundredth of that was from the all day rain yesterday. Still dark and dripping this morning. Rain in the forecast for all week. I won't have to water today!

dooley

13. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. It's nice out this morning... rain in the area. Our high is only going to be 90F and there's a 50-60% chance of rain... sure hope it goes to my house.

14. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. 68F/20C here this morning at 9a.m. which down here means it's going to be a much cooler day than any day in the last month.

The rain started up again around midnight and has been a steady light drizzle since then. Still it only added about 1/4th inch to the rain gauge but having 3/4ths of an inch of rain in July is a wonderful surprise. On the state radar it looks like it will be coming to an end pretty soon but possibly only a temporary halt before more moves in.

15. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 26°C and clear. Its going to be another hot one today! I want to wish my little girl, Ivy, a happy 10th birthday today! :)
    She's growing so fast! Have a great day Ivy, and everyone else too :)