The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Tuesday morning. We finally got a little of that rain. 1/2 inch in the gauge this morning and it was still a little drizzly when I left home. Looks like the office got another good shower overnight too.
    Temps are heavenly! Yesterday at 3pm it was only 80F.
    And today's weather is supposed to be the same - still 60% chance of rain.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 21°C and clear with a high of 34°C. Cherylad, you can have your heat back, I'm not liking it one bit! Off to work where I hope I will be able to make it the whole day in this heat! Have a great day all :)

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all. Up very early this morning to help my farming family before the temperature got up to uncomfortable degrees :) Staying in the shade now until later.
    Have a great one all!

4. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. Netty... looks like you'll be stuck with my heat at least for another day. We're still not expected to reach 90F today. It's drizzling now here at the office.
    Yesterday, at home, I got just over 2 inches of the wet stuff... and we still have 60% chance of rain throughout today. It is so unusual to be able to turn off the AC and open the doors & windows for a few hours at this time of year.

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. It rained again last night!!!!! 1 and 1/8th inch...same as Monday for a total of 2.25 inches. Our chances of more rain are going down to slight the rest of the week but then last evening there was only a 20% chance and it actually happened. Temperatures are on the climb and will be in the upper 90's the rest of this week and back to hovering around 100 next week.

6. Netty

Cherylad and Toni - this is the 6th day of this heatwave and it's not agreeing with me - I don't know how you do it!!
    This is the first time I ever remember the UV index sitting at 10. The combination of the humidity, heat and the intense sun is really sucking the life out of me!

7. toni

Netty, take a bottle of water and add a pinch of salt and three pinches of sugar. Drink that on your way to work in the morning then be sure to drink very often during the day. It's better on your body and easier too if you stay hydrated than have to rehydrate later.

Hubby learned that trick when he was an active member of SASS. He wore a solid black outfit with a black hat, three day shooting matches year round in the Texas heat, he would come home tired but never had a problem with heat exhaustion or stroke.

Plus our cars, homes and businesses all have really large well working air conditioning.

Frank and Netty like this.
  8. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 31°C and clear. It's only 5am so it is very hot, very early. I'm off to work and then to my first dermatologist appointment. I have fair skin and work outside so I think it is important. Have a great day all :)

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all! It's a very warm day here again today. We haven't had a spell like this in I don't know how long. Now however we may have water shortage difficulties around the country. Hopefully it doesn't get too bad.
    Have a great one all!

10. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

One more day of hot temps. Told one customer wouldn't be back for a month. His 1 small window ac wasn't working 2 ceiling fans not working. And 4 windows screens . And was 94 inside. Glasses kept steaming up. :(

11. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Good morning. Rained last night. That was good as the gardens needed a good soaking. Sun has burned off the fog and it appears it going to be another hot humid day.

12. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. Well... it was nice while it lasted. But our temps are headed back to the mid90s and there's only a slight chance of rain in the forecast. So, I'd better enjoy this last day of not having to drag the water hoses around.

13. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Berry, berry good day. Froze some moe blueberries and raspberries. Taming the bamboo and taking cuttings of the pink lewisea. Great day!

14. toni

Morning all. The rain and slightly cooler temps were wonderful while they lasted but afternoon temps are returning to the 95-102 range.

The garden will have to fend for itself today, just not interested in getting out there. Didn't feel well last night and this morning so I slept in, basically my Thursday is just getting started. :eek: and since it's already 86 with a heat index of 95 the AC in here feels perfect for a lazy day.

15. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good afternoon! No more rain predicted and temps headed back toward 100 with humidity to match. The a/c does sound inviting. Errands are done so I can sit until time to make supper. Have a good evening everyone.

dooley