The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

I was hoping for nice shower. Got to water. But will take it easy. Over did it at work WED. Got to remember I'm 66. Or cut back even more on some customers.

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good day! It's just past noon and I've finally finished sewing all 30 of the shopping bags for the friend at the thrift shop. Hot and humid. We didn't go to the mini market today. It's too hot to sit out in the sun today.

dooley

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Saturday afternoon. Had a great visit with an older couple,yesterday evening, who wanted to come see my flower garden. She forgot something here at the house and when I brought it to her today, she was outside pulling weeds out of her flower beds. Said... I need to get my beds looking neat like yours. Awww.... so sweet. So I visited with her for a while. She gave me some of the tall Mexican Petunias. I'll return her pot to her in a few days... but not empty. I've got a Datura that I will give her. I got a few new flowers planted this morning. But it's just too hot right now to do anything.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 14°C and sunny, with wind. The winds the past few days, along with the cooler temperatures, are making if feel very autumn-ish. I'm not ready for fall yet!!
    Yesterday's project went well, so today I can move on to weeding the veggie patch. Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning... almost afternoon. Got the mowing done... and cousin mowed the pasture the other day. It looks so nice here when everything is mowed.
    The trimming/weed eating will have to wait until tomorrow. Getting near 100F but there area few clouds (doesn't appear to have any rain in them) but they are adding some relief from the sun. Guess I'll just be goofing all the rest of the day. I think I'll go visit one of my aunts a little later on.

6. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Great day. Got half of the living room ceiling painted...uuugh...thank goodness there is a beam that marks the half way mark. :-D

7. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 11°C and sunny. Another coolish day ahead, but it makes for perfect working weather. Today I have to finish weeding the veggie patch. Something killed one of my cucumber plants and the 2 squash plants. I am not impressed! Have a great day all :)

8. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. Today's chore... clean out the bigger container pond. The water is icky. But first, have to drive one of the aunts to her dr. appointment.

9. dooley

Good morning! Going to be 103 degrees and humid today. No rain!
    Got our errands done early. Went to the dump, the library and the thrift shop. Delivered the shopping bags. They were a big hit. Now, on to something else. Not sure what yet.

dooley

10. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Got a good deal accomplished today. Watered the garden, since we haven't had rain in the last 10 weeks (highly unusual); put the third coat of poly on the floor of the shed; got a cyst removed from my neck and mammogram; bought 4 new work shirts and took a nice long nap. Leather arrived to finish the recovering project on my chair. Just need to figure out how to lay it out :-D Maybe tomorrow.

11. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all! The weather seems to have stabilised again. Think there is rain promised for this weekend but for now it's fine :)
    Have a great day all!

12. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 10° and clear. My long weekend was wonderful, but its time to get back to reality (darn it!) and get back to work. Have a great day all :)

13. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

Good afternoon everybody! Hope you all had a good weekend. Fingers crossed this week goes fast as I have a wonderful weekend planned.

14. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Back to work for me too. I got everything completed that I set out to do over the weekend. Except laundry.
    Our feel-like temps will be hovering around 110F today. And still no rain in the forecast. I got my water bill yesterday... it tripled!

15. dooley

Good morning! Been out and refilled the birds water tub and bowls. They still had food from yesterday. Must have been too hot to eat. The feeders have morning sun but shade in the afternoon.
    Watered all the bushes and little trees. I see the deer has been eating again. I'll have to powder them again. I need to spray the fig trees and rose bushes. The grasshoppers are busy eating.
    Have a great day!
    dooley