The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Warm for us here too, but that means the high 80's :D :D Fourth coat of poly on the shed floor and hopefully the last. Lots to do but think I will take the day off :stew2:

2. jbest123

jbest123 In Flower

What a forum, I could read all day but I gotta go and mow grass. :'(

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 16°C and raining. Rain wasn't in the forecast this morning, so this is a surprise! Off to work, where I won't be watering today, yippee! Have a great day all :)

4. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

Good morning everybody :) Yes you are right jbest, I could also sit and read through this forum all day. Its great seeing what other people get up to and spend their time. Enjoy your day everyone

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. Actual temps projected for today 100F... and not a chance of rain until MAYBE this weekend. I'll be dragging out the water hoses when I get home this afternoon.... but you probably already figured that out.
    :D

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all. At least my surgery came at a time of year when I couldn't garden anyway because of the heat....102, 102, 100, 101, 102, 104....105 today. Add at least 5 degrees to those numbers and you have the what it really feels like outside temperature. Might only reach 97 for a high on Saturday...all with very little chance of rain.

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Been out and watered the birds. I saw a huge blue jay taking a bath in one of the smaller water bowls. He emptied it. I put a big shallower one out there with a rock in the middle but they use it for drinking water.
    I refilled the feeders, too. Lots of birds there this morning. Will be in the shade after lunch but still too hot for the birds to flit around much.
    Been and got the paper. Read it. Now, to do something with the material that I bought yesterday.
    104 degs today with humidity that will almost match it.

dooley

8. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 21°C and clear. It is getting much darker in the morning, which makes my morning dog walk a little spooky. Off to work where I'm weeding the herb garden. Have a great day all :)

9. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. Another typical day here 100F. Actually had a little bit of patchy fog this morning. Yep... nice and humid.
    Plants are hanging in there, sure wish they could get a good soaking by ma nature instead of the water hoses.

10. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Been out and sprayed for grasshoppers. Filled birds water tubs. The deer must have been by last night for a drink of water. Went to two yard sales, stopped at the thrift shop, sorted out a shelf in the hallway. Now, have a box for the thrift shop next time we go to town. Tea made for the day. Might sew in a bit. First will check out forums.

dooley

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all. Yesterday was the hottest day of the summer....so far...105 but felt like 110. Today is to be 104 and if the humidity stays high it will probably feel like 111.

12. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

Good morning, TGIF is all I can say. One hard and long week. This weekend I will be doing nothing.........and I cant wait! Enjoy your weekend!

13. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 19°C and clear. It's getting hard to tell because it is getting very dark in the morning!! Summer feels different too, like we are on the edge of fall ... cooler temperatures at night. The geese are learning to 'flock' already too.
    Off to work where I will pretty up the place for a wedding. Have a great day all :)

14. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. For some reason I just didn't want to get out of bed this morning. Maybe the thought of facing another stiffling hot day was the reason? Wait.. that's no excuse... I work indoors! :D
    Weather forecast has us with a 60% chance of rain tomorrow. Wouldn't that be grand?!

15. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Morning all. 73º with 67% humidity and 30% chance of rain. The bf really annoys me sometimes. He "messed up" and scheduled a client for tonight after work (he cleans carpets using Chem Dry) and his cleaning pads are dirty, so I have to drive all the way up to his job and drive all the way back down here to get em cleaned. Not exactly what I had planned for my half day off (I go to work at 5pm). *sigh*