The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 17°C. Yesterdays predicted rain missed us completely so it looks like some hose dragging will be happening today. Soccer tonight with the kids. Have a great day all :)

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Tuesday morning. Back to no rain chances. Oh well... at least I got a little of the good stuff over the weekend. We're still having those feel-like temps of around 102F.

3. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Feels like a crisp fall morning ... only 9°C with a brisk NW wind. Off to work, would rather stay in bed today. Have a great day all!

4. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. Overcast today with rain chances going up to 50-60% by this evening and lingering until tomorrow morning. Should would be nice if ma nature did the watering today!
    Headed to the home improvement store at lunchtime to pick up more gutter stuff for rain barrel #3.

Advertisement
  5. Mrs. Galeassi

Mrs. Galeassi In Flower

Happy Wednesday to you all! Less then a week till school starts, today starts my long haul of the week for work. Probably won't be off till next week. Its feels like over 100degrees here. 90 somethings with 100 percent humidity. I took my last two columbine baby sprouts indoors and set them by a window.... well that's all off to work I go... enjoy your day!

6. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 11°C and finally not windy! It has been blowing for days now, I thought it would never stop! Off to work again, only 2 more days until the weekend :) Have a great day all!

7. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. Yesterday's cool front brought my yard 2 inches of much-needed rain... and there's a 50% chance of more rain today. I had to laugh at the weatherfolks' use of the words "cool front". Yep... it's cooler... only going to feel like 100 instead 105F. :D

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! We had a thunderstorm last evening but only .21 inches of rain from it. More rain in town, I think. Still cloudy with rain predicted today and temps around 97 degs. Have a good day.

dooley

9. jbest123

jbest123 In Flower

Boy are you a dreamer. :D :D

10. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Morning all. Got the day off work, happy about that after 3 10-hour days! Ugh. Not real happy about being sick. Sore throat (which I had last weekend then went away until this morning), cough, headache (some of that might be tight shoulder/neck muscles). Meh.

Actually wearing a jacket this morning, although its not as chilly as yesterday.
    Right now 65º, partly cloudy with temps rising to low 70s.

11. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 15°C and very dark. They days are definitely getting shorter! Friday at last! I'm off to work and I hope the day passes quickly. Have a great day all!

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all! Not terrible weather here, just a bit dull. My father is looking to cut corn soon so let's hope we get a dry spell of weather :)
    Have a great one all!

13. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. I'm ready for the weekend! No plans... just happy to not to come to work for 3 days. 8)

14. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

Woooo Friday at last! Felt like this week was never ending. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

15. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all. Well, the rain storm that was heading for us last night from Oklahoma City took a slight westerly bend and totally missed my yard. That was our last chance of rain for the next two weeks.

Never fear though, the 100+ temps will return next week.
    Only 5 weeks until the Autumnal Equinox, maybe then we will have seen the end of the 100+ temps.

Whoa, there is a police helicopter circling our neighborhood searching for someone stupid enough to run from the police. They apparently have the guy cornered about 3 blocks from me now though and are bringing a K-9 officer out to finish off the hunt.-

Frank likes this.