The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Feels like fall in the mornings but turns into beautiful days. Been to town to do some errands. Now on my way to dug some potatoes for supper.
    Have a great weekend everyone!

2. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

So, I decided to make some chocolate chip cookies today (Im reading a book and the main characters mother mother is making cookies and this part of the story always makes me hungry for them). I got everything ready, mixed the flour, baking soda and baking powder in a separate bowl like I always do, cream the butter and sugars, add the chips and start spooning them onto a baking pan. I was thinking they were a little tooo, I dunno, something, but I couldnt put my finger on it. Put the pan in the oven, turn back to the counter, and it hits me. I forgot the flour mixture! :rolleyes::D So I grab the pan out of the oven and throw it in the freezer cause the chips had already started to melt, and mixed the flour into the rest of the ingredients. I will have actual cookies before too long :D

In other news, work later, feeling lazy now. Temp is a comfortable 74º. Still have a headache, I need a gooood massage I think :) Perhaps tomorrow, I still have 1 massage left on the gift card the bf got me 2 christmases ago (I didnt want to use them up too quickly haha)

Frank likes this.
  3. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Dh got his staples out from gall-bladder surgery. So they super glued him. said to take it easy. So he mowed church lawn and ours with rider
    This am picked tomatoes. Made chili with some + peppers. Hung couple loads of wash out. Then went to work. Cooler-hummers are real busy.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 10°C and sunny. A perfect weather day ahead!
    Today is our soccer final day tournament. We will spend the day at the field - games, BBQ, award ceremonies. Should be a great day! Have a good one everyone!

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all, I am loving the cool front that came through yesterday even if it didn't bring rain to my garden, it at least dropped the temps. Normally overnight temps in the middle of August are in the 80's but for a couple of days now it has been down to 70.

Today we are making the first long road trip since the surgery, going down to Randy's folks. His dad needs help with wiring something and I need to get out of the house for something other than trips to a Doctor's office.

6. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Glad you are able to get out and about Toni. Hope you had a great visit. Saturday morning and am starting the day off with a fun movie before starting on the yard work.

7. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Saturday afternoon. We're having marvelous weather today. It was down-right beautiful this morning... temps below 80F until around 10am... and then 90s around noon... and there's been a nice breeze all day.
    I barely even broke a sweat doing the mowing and weed-eating this morning. It was so nice, I even did extra weed-eating along the fences!

8. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 9°C and sunny. Its going to be another beautiful day! Spent the entire day at the soccer field yesterday, so today is house cleaning day. Have a great day everyone!

9. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. Another beautiful start to the day here. That breeze makes it super nice. And they've added a slight chance of rain to our forecast for the next few days.
    School is needing their football schedule poster done again... and they need it right away... so I guess I'll be working on that over the next couple of days. But it's really going to be hard to stay inside when the weather is so nice!

10. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 16°C and clear. This is the beginning of another beautiful, sunny week so that means another week of watering and dragging hoses. Have a great day everyone!

11. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Good morning. Cool Monday morning but is going to be a beautiful day. Gives rain for tomorrow so off to the garden to pick peas, beans and tomatoes.

12. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all! Nice clear morning here with some good weather (possibly another heatwave) promised. All in all this year has been nice weather-wise.
    Have a great one all!

13. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. Looks like it'll be another beautiful day. First I have to take one of the aunts into town for errands. Then I need to get started on the project for the school. I don't think I'll be spending too much time in the garden... except this evening when I need to get the watering started.

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Got an early start. Watered the tomatoes, had breakfast, went to the dump, went to the thrift shop. Home again. I'm going to sew some now, I think. Sunny and 95 today, no rain.

dooley

15. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Good day all. 82º and sunny.

So far today Ive finished a book, watered part of the garden that really needed it, spent 2 hours worth on the computer and made repairs and adjustments on my moms renaissance fair costume and started re-doing mine. I think Im going to spend some time working on the side yard that Im turning into a butterfly garden.