The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all! The ground has still quite too much moisture on it for Dad to cut his corn. Promised a few dry days but so far they have not materalised. Let's hope next week brings them.
    Have a great Sunday ahead!

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently just 8°C and very dewy and the sun is shining. Wow, same as yesterday! No plans today ... I have to take my son paintballing later, so I'll just be puttering around the garden most of the day. Have a great day all :)

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all. 100 degrees the last two days with every day this coming week being the same or a little higher. I am sooooo ready for Autumn as long as it brings a good drop in temperatures. If not, then I would just as soon skip Autumn and go to Winter but there is no guarantee that Winter will be significantly cooler. :rolleyes:

Going to see our youngest grandson in his final performance as Noodler in Peter Pan this afternoon. Not a big part but he makes up for having few lines by improving his was through the play in the background. ;)

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! No rain here today. Weather.com says nearby areas are reporting rain. I can't find any sign of rain anywhere in Texas on their radar map. I wonder how far nearby is supposed to be.
    Have a great day!

dooley

Advertisement
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all! It's so dull here today. Could do with a bit of blue sky to brighten up the place.
    Have a great week ahead all!

6. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 16°C and overcast. We had thunderstorms rolling thru all night, which brought enough rain to fill all the rain barrels again and water the gardens. I was very happy about that as things were getting so dry. I have the day off today for an appointment so we are spending the rest of the day back to school shopping. My son starts school tomorrow! Have a great day all :)

7. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday morning. Glad to be back at work so I can get some rest! :D
    Worked my butt off over the weekend at an event at the church. Was there on Saturday from 8am to 3:30AM (that's not a typo). Then back on Sunday for a couple hours to do some cleaning.
    I did manage to water the plants Sunday afternoon while I still had some energy. There was a 50% chance of rain all weekend... and we got none. Good for the event. Not good for plants. Today's rain chance is higher, it's trying to sprinkle here at the office, but I doubt I'll get any of it at home. At least the temps are down... the high should only be around 90F.

8. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

Well I was about to say good morning until I realised the time. Where has the day gone?! Couldn't see in front of myself this morning because of the fog bt its all cleared and now its warmer. Hope everyone has a good week :)

9. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 19°C and dark. Hot, humid day ahead. My son is back to school today, my youngest has another week to wait. Dad is taking a few days off to watch the youngest ... should be interesting! I'm off to work, have a great day all :)

10. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

Happy Tuesday everyone! Hope everyones gardens have gone well this year. I've only heard of a few mishaps so far!

11. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. It is Tuesday, right? I over-slept and would probably still be asleep if hubby hadn't woke me up.(I never over-sleep!) He says "Don't you have to work today?" I laid there thinking... "Do I? What day IS it? What did I do yesterday? Is it my Monday off? No... that wasn't this week. Oh crap... it's Tuesday! Get outta the way!" :D
    There was rain all over the area yesterday, but it didn't rain at my house. But with the cloudy skies at least the sun didn't bake the poor plants, but they will need a good watering this evening. We're back to near 100F temps and no chances of rain for awhile after today.

12. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 17°C and dark. We had another rain shower last night so I feel confident all the gardens are watered. Off to work, where it is a full house and lots of people wanting to chat about gardens. Have a great day all :)

13. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

Good morning everyone, we're half way through the working week here in Scotland. It's starting to get colder here, could that mean winter is on it's way?

14. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. Clear skies and temps near 100F still.
    SMG... do not use that "w" word yet! :D

15. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 17°C and foggy. Off to work for another busy day trying to work hard but stay in the shade. It's going to be another scorcher! Have a great day all :)