The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

Good morning everyone! Colder here again today, apologies for using the 'W' yesterday cherylad. Mind you its Scotland, we don't really get good weather!

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. We're stuck in a weather pattern for a few days.... 95F (feels like 100F) clear skies... no rain in sight. I'm ready for the weekend!

3. jbest123

jbest123 In Flower

Good morning all, a great day I'm still looking down at the grass. :-D

4. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Good morning all. Have the day off from work today :) Had a long shift yesterday, 10.5 hours! Oy. Time went by pretty well though. By the time I got home, I was covered in glitter from the christmas decor. I stopped by a landscaping place on my way home to check em out and inquire about a job for next season. The man I spoke to was nice, and I got an application. He told me to hang onto it until January though, cause he was afraid he'd lose it lol He mentioned the glitter and laughed when I told him about putting christmas up already xD

Today Im tired so not going to do much. Have to go cash a check so I have money to hold me until payday. $8/hour is not enough! Farmers market going on tonight, I want to go by there. Need some more soap. I bought some from a woman 2 months and it smells sooo good. And its almost gone haha Made myself an apple/carrot/celery juice this morning. Skimmed off the foam cause its yucky. The juice is pretty good. Watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead on Netflix last night. Good movie! About 2 men who go on a juice-only diet to reboot their bodies. The 1st guy lost about 100 lbs (started at 310 lbs) and the 2nd guy lost around 200 (started at 429 lbs)! I dont think I could do a juice-only, but Im going to try to add more juice to my diet. I really dont like eating fruits n veggies, Id much rather drink em ;D

Advertisement
  5. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Don't think I've checked in lately to belly ache about our weather.LOL.We are still stuck in this pattern.Hot & dry. Pretty much cinched the driest Aug. record.
    Why did I buy 20something new daylilies to plant?Why?Because I'm a plant nut.But on the bright side,I've sold many on Craig's list.But how can I really thin the herd when invariably I stick a piece back in out along veggie garden?
    sewNsow

6. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

It's Friday, definitely getting colder here and the dark nights are moving in. Lets hope the lawns last! Enjoy your weekend everybody :D

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all!

Yes, I noticed this last night as well. Can't leave the window ajar at night anymore :)
    Have a great Friday all!

8. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. No cooler weather here yet... should start to cool off in a few weeks. :fingerscrossed:
    Only have to work a half-day today then off until Tuesday.
    I plan on spinning all my time out in the garden cleaning up. It's been neglected the last couple of weeks. Think I'll give everything a little feeding too.

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all, just another hot and dry one here. 102 yesterday and should be around 105 today...add another 5 degrees on to that to get what it actually feels like outside. Not sign of a cool down or rain in our forecast for at least the next two weeks.

Frank, how cold is too cold to leave the window open at night? We keep our bedroom window open anytime the temperature is below 50F/10C....20-30F/-1 to -6C is wonderful sleeping weather. ;)

10. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 18°C and overcast. We had a good, soaking rain all night and everything is happy. Today, we are going to finish off the back to school shopping. Somehow I forgot a lunch box and socks :rolleyes: Then I will be making some apple pie from fresh picked apples :) Have a great day all!

11. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. Hope today isn't as stiffling hot as yesterday. My thermometer, in the shade, at 3pm read 102F. No rain in sight, still.
    Today will be day one of cleaning up the flower beds. But first... mowing and weed eating before it gets too hot to move.

12. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

We finally had rain yesterday! After about 20 days of nada. It started while I was at work. The manager sprinted out of the store once he realized it was raining cause he left his truck windows down haha. Driving home, about 4 1/2 miles down the road from work, it was dry o_O I was mad and told the rain that it had better keep moving south cause my poor garden needed it...it did! Made it to Applebees where the bf was buying dinner and 45 mins later, it started raining there :D Happy happy joy joy!

Right now its 89º and muggy. Cloudy too, so maybe more rain tonight? Need to check the radar :D

13. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all! Currently 17°C and sunny. Spent yesterday finishing up the back to school shopping, and it sure wasn't cheap! Glad it's done now and I won't have to spend any more money. Also stopped at the Garden Gallery and finally found the white tulips I have been looking for since I moved here! I also bought 3 new Hosta's I couldn't resist! Now to find a place to squeeze them in! Have a great day all :)

14. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all! The temperature has noticeably lowered, in the afternoon and evenings. I'm afraid our warm weather for the year is officially over now.

Not cold enough that I wake up with a flu in the morning :)

Have a great Sunday all!

15. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all, 105 yesterday and today will be a repeat. Might be rain north of us but once again we miss out. The next week will be pretty much the same.

We could use either a strong 'blue norther' that brings the Arctic temperatures down into Texas or to be on the dirty side of a tropical storm for rain and neither one are in the forecast. :rolleyes: