The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday afternoon. I FINALLY got everything watered. I usually don't have time to give everything a good soaking during the week, so yesterday was spent watering the fruit trees and the front flower beds.
    Today... the back. I also got the mowing, trimming and weeding done. And cleaned out the dead and dying stuff. The thermometer is still showing 100F. So, now it's time to kick back with a very cold adult beverage (or two)! :sete_003:

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 17°C and overcast. We had rain yesterday and overnight. The rainy day yesterday helped me get my housework done, and I sure was busy scrubbing! Today is the first day of school so my work schedule changes again. Have a great day all :)

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all! Seems like a dry enough day today but rain promised tomorrow. Dad's still trying to get the last of his corn cut.
    Have a great Tuesday all!

4. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Back to work after a long weekend. I managed to get everything done I set out to over the weekend... yesterday was take it easy day... all we accomplished was putting up rain barrel #3. It was hard being outdoors... not just because of the heat... but the darn Plecia nearctica aka Lovebugs or F&K bugs. They are such a nuisance... you couldn't sit outside without the fan blowing on high just to keep them off of you.
    There is a slight chance of rain in the forecast for the next few days... we sure could use some... my grass is crunchy again.

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all. My garden got a whoppin' 1/2 inch of rain on Sunday....that got the leaves wet and the top of the mulch but not enough to reach the soil below. Randy will be dragging hoses for me tonight again.

Two more Dr. visits this week....one to the surgeon and one with the Oncologist. If the most recent tests come back as clean as we expect them to then the surgeon and the G.I. doctor will schedule the reconstructive surgery, probably for mid-late October. But I have been healing and recovering so much better than anyone expected that we are hoping it can happen in late Sept instead.

6. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Good day all. Or it was until I got stung! OWW! What the hell was that bee doing crawling around in the grass anyway?? grrrrrrr

Anyhoo. 73º but feels hotter. Im sweating after being outside for only about 30 mins. I think Im done gardening for the day. Screw it. >_<

7. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 13°C and dark. I'm getting an early start today. Have a great day all :)

8. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. Still a slight chance of rain in our forecast. yesterday we just a drop here and there even though the skies were dark and threatening, so I'll be dragging out the hoses this evening.
    Well... I think that stuff I got at the store to repel armadillos might have worked. I think I only saw one new hole in the flower bed... or it could have been one I didn't fill back in. I'm going to get another couple of jugs and put it in the other beds around front and in the daylily beds. This varmint needs to find his food somewhere else!

9. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

Hello everyone, sorry I haven't been around for a few days, been rather busy at work! Did anyone notice I was gone haha?

Netty likes this.
  10. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! No rain here. Yesterday they had rain south of us in Madisonville and north of us in Centerville. No rain here. We seem only to get the thunder and lightning. Going to be 99 degrees today with a 20 percent chance of rain. No rain here though. We're thinking of going to Huntsville later today. We'll probably get rained on again. But, no rain here. Did I remember to say we didn't get any rain. lol
    Today, is our youngest son's birthday. He is now 46 years old. I think that makes me feel old. Our oldest son had a birthday in August. He was 51. Now, I feel older. I keep telling them no more birthdays or they will catch up with us but they keep having them. The middle son will be 49 in October. Three sons, no daughters. Six grandchildren though, 4 boys and 2 girls.
    Have a good day everyone!

dooley

11. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 11°C and dark. I really don't even think it feels that warm BRRRR! A quick dog walk in the dark and off to work. It sure is getting dark in the morning! Have a great day all :)

12. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

Good morning everyone :) My, this week has gone fast! I have been that busy recently that I don't know where the days have went! I celebrated my birthday on Tuesday so the celebrations will continue with a night out with friends in our looking town this weekend :D Enjoy your day everyone

13. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning... and happy belated birthday SMG!
    I got just a small amount of rain yesterday... not even enough to knock the dust off.
    Still hot with a slight chance of rain.

14. Netty

GOOD Friday morning all. Currently 4°C and dark. BRRR! Fall is sneaking in on us and I don't like it! Off to work, hope the day goes quickly. Have a great day all :)

15. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

Happy friday everyone! Continued birthday celebrations with the family for me tomorrow. Hopefully the weather brightens up a bit as its currently very cold her in Scotland!