The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all. Not much chance of nippy weather when the temp is 82 at 8 a.m. :rolleyes: We have upper 90's this week, by the weekend there will be rain in the area but not 100% coverage so Randy will be dragging the hose around again I'm sure and a cool down into the upper 80's coming then too.

I have a 'procedure' scheduled for tomorrow morning so today I will be drinking a lot of medicine type stuff to get ready for it. The results of the procedure will determine when I go back in the hospital for the final surgery. That should be around Oct 20th, I Hope, I Hope, I Hope.

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good luck with your procedure Toni! I have to go to the oncologist on Thursday. She's thinking of another scan to see what's what. I dislike doctors anymore. Always needing tests or scans.

dooley

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 6°C and dark, but there is a beautiful moon shining brightly. I think the moon will be full tomorrow night. We had frost yesterday, but my gardens don't seem to have been damaged too badly. Off to work, where fall clean up has started. Funny thing is that it is still summer for a few more days! Have a great day all :)

4. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

Happy Wednesday everyone! Been very busy lately but still making time for the garden stew! Looking forward to a nice relaxing week! Enjoy your day :)

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday. Same ol' weather, but hoping for cooler temps and some rain by the weekend.
    Today is my brother "The Dragon's" 60th birthday. I'm sure he'll be celebrating in a big way on Bora Bora.

6. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Good morning! Cool 42 degrees here on the coast. Frost will soon be on the squash! Making spaghetti this morning. Never made it before first time for this experience, it smells good though. Off to give it a stir. Have a great Wednesday everyone.

7. toni

Good afternoon all. The 'procedure' I had today went perfect....I slept through the whole thing but the nurse told me I did good ;)
    Everything is perfect and now we wait for the surgeon and G.I. doctors to agree on a date for the reconstruction. YEA!!!

I didn't sleep well last night so I think I will go take a nap.

8. Kiasmum

Kiasmum In Flower

Good Morning everyone from a dull,grey and chilly Swindon.I'm fully expecting it to rain at just about the time we step out of the door to take Buddy and Nyla for a walk :rolleyes: I don't really mind and they couldn't careless about getting wet.

Other than that I will hopefully finish another small quilt this morning and then move on to the pink princess dress for Elena...

If I've read the number correctly this will be the 79,000th view of this thread :eek:

Toni,I'm glad your procedure went smoothly.

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

GOod Thursday morning all. Currently 8°C. Off to another busy day and taking the kids for haircuts later. Have a great day all :)

10. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

(Might) get some much needed rain this after noon. So will go pull weeds this am.

11. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

I have plenty rain here in Scotland to share!

12. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. A little cooler today with high temp only around 91F. There's some rain in the area, but they are calling for a good rain tomorrow. :fingerscrossed:

13. toni

Morning all. When it's 81 deg at 6 a.m. you know the AC will be running full speed ahead before noon. :eek:

Looking at the assorted and MANY jelly jars I have on hand, I am thinking that most of the gifts we give this coming holiday season will be pickles, jams and jellies. I have no idea how I have accumulated so many since I haven't bought any new ones in a couple of years. :rolleyes:

Kiasmum, put another zero on that number, you were number 790,000. And this topic is only the second most viewed one on GardenStew.

14. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

It's Friday! Quite a long week so it's good the weekend has finally arrived. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend whatever you do :)

15. toni

Good morning all. I included Good in the greeting this morning because since about 8 last night we have gotten 2.5 inches of RAIN, still drizzling and more coming our way through the day.

The temperatures haven't dropped much but at least the 90's aren't in the forecast until late next week.

Frank likes this.