The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Friday morning. As of this morning we had just under 2 inches of rain. And more is on the way this afternoon through Saturday! woohoo! And our high for the next couple of days with me the upper 80s. Yep... not 90s! :stew2:

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Our rain gauge just says .68 but it's still raining and the forecast says 100 percent through Saturday with 2 to 5 inches accumulation so we're still hoping! I'm very happy it started last night because we had to go to College Station to the doctor yesterday. She couldn't find any signs of the cancer through physical exam but ordered some scans to be sure.

dooley

Frank likes this.
  3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Yea, Dooley, great news. Keeping fingers crossed for clear scans!!!

4. cherylad

Happy Saturday afternoon. Yesterday brought us 3.5 inches of rain. woohoo! Then overnight we got 2.5 inches more!
    The internet went out around 7pm last night and finally got back up a few minutes ago.
    The ground is good and soaked and pulling weeds are easy today, just have to be careful where you step... my foot sunk a couple of times in the soft dirt.
    Today is wonderful! Temps are still in the 70s and it's breezy. All the doors and windows are open giving the house a good airing.
    Hubby's got a brisket in the bbq pit... seems like it took a while to get it hot enough with this cool weather. No complaints though!

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 10°C, with sun and NW winds. Fall officially begins this afternoon, but it has felt like fall for weekds. We got 3 inches of rain yesterday, I should go out and plant my last 2 saplings today. It rained all day yesterday so I cleaned, parboiled and froze all the garden produce. TOday I hope to get outside. Have a great day all :)

6. dooley

Good morning! Sun is shining but the thermometer says it's 50 degrees out there for the first day of fall. Of course, it's going up to 80 degrees but I'm ready for some weather that is not close to 100 degrees. We didn't get rain yesterday so our total rainfall is 3.3 inches which was great. No big thunderstorms but some periods of heavy rain on Friday. Have a great day!

dooley

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Wonderful weather, this morning is stupendous and the afternoon temp prediction ain't bad either. ;) Started at 60 this morning and is to be around 80 this afternoon. My rain fall total was 2.5 inches. More than we have had total in the last three months.

Waiting on a plumber this morning. Evidently have tree roots in the water line out back because every water drain in the house is stopped up. That's going to be a 'fun' payment for a Sunday morning call. Actually it happened yesterday afternoon but this morning was the earliest we could get one out here...must be a busy time of the year. :rolleyes:

8. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. We have those nice cool temps also. I think the overnight low was in the 60s. It's mid-70s now and the high should reach the lower 80s. There's a nice and breeze and clear blue skies. A great day to just be outdoors. Now... if those dang "lovebugs" would just go away!

9. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 4°C and dark. I am starting work a little later starting today because of the darkness. I don't much like this time of year. Have a great day all :)

10. donna in nc

donna in nc In Flower

good 1st day of fall it has been so nice here the last few days I love fall and spring but hate that soon all my beautiful flowers will be gone till spring have a beautiful day all

11. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. We had another beautiful day and evening with cool temps. I think today will be pleasant also with highs in the mid80s... and then we'll be back to the 90s.

12. dooley

Good morning! Only in 50's again this morning. Maybe I'll get some more weeds pulled today. Depends on how my knees hold out. They did well yesterday.

dooley

13. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Go to work to rest up. Got lot of work done outside-but lot more to come.

14. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 3°C brrr! There was a chance of frost but I'm not sure if we got any. Chances are we will have some by sun up. Moved around the tender plants and picked my green tomatoes last night, also covered my basil. Off to work,where we have started fall cleanup. Have a great day all :)

15. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Looks like it rained here at the office just a bit, but no signs of precipitation at the house. Our nice cool temps are replaced by our normal 95F. It was nice while it lasted! The flowers are looking a little perkier especially with that good rain we had.