The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

It was 45* here this morning and only 55* now at 9:30 am. Burrrrr.

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. At least the mornings are good, we have a return to the 90-95 degree range in the afternoons. Little to no breeze and a slight chance of rain for the weekend.

Did some junque and furniture rearranging yesterday, I only did the light stuff but after 3 months of no exercise at all my muscles are complaining about it this morning. Think I will spend the day in my recliner with a book.

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 8°C. I had a pleasant surprise this morning ... a pair of my work pants that didn't fit me in the spring fit me again! Yay! I must be working some weight off :) Off to work, and maybe the other pair will fit soon! ;) Have a great day all!

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. It sure feels nice first thing in the morning with temps in the low 70s. And even the 95F during the afternoon doesn't seem as hot.
    I had the urge to look at plants yesterday and checked out the mark-down rack. I picked up a couple of things and then put them back. First they didn't look that great. Secondly, if they did perk up it would be just in time to start dying back. So I satisfied the urge with just a couple of marigolds to put in an empty container. :stew2:

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 8°C. Another lovely day ahead, and much cleanup to do at work today. We are doing some ruthless pruning today, on some overgrown shrubs. Have a great day all :)

6. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

Happy Thursday everyone :)Sorry its been a few days since I last posted, been very busy at work lately that I haven't had much time but don't worry I didn't forget about you all and I am back now!

7. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. We had a little fog and lots of dew this morning. At least the leaves are getting a little moisture.
    I'll be dragging out the hoses this evening and give everything a little drink. Temps slightly cooler, also, with the high around 92F... and plenty of sunshine! I'm ready for the weekend...

8. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 12°C. It is going to be another lovely day! 2 weddings will be held at work this weekend so I am off to spiffy things up a little. Have a great day all :)

9. cherylad

Happy Friday morning! Temps are dropping by a few degrees everyday. Can't wait until the highs are in the 80s. I meant to water the garden yesterday, but had company and phone calls all night. So... I'd better to it this evening because there's only a slight chance of rain on Sunday. Come on weekend...

10. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Hello peoples! 58º and sunny right now, supposed to get to 81º. Got the day off work and nothing that needs to be done, so Im gonna be lazy all day :) Bought a month of World of Warcraft so Im working on my Pet Battles (its like Pokemon). Cant really think of anything that needs to happen in the garden right now except maybe watering stuff. And weeding. Theres always weeding :rolleyes: Some dandelions have started popping up in the path of my newest garden area, so I gotta go show them whos boss!

11. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 12°C and clear. Up early on my day off, but I have a lot to do today. First thing on my list is an oil change for my car. Once in town, anything is possible! Have a great day all :)

12. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. Went to my old high school's homecoming came last night. The band is growing and I really wanted to see them perform... but they didn't because of all the homecoming queen stuff. Drats. And the team got beat badly. Drats. Oh well... got to see some old classmates and hung out with my BFF & family.
    Today is starting off getting laundry done and then outside to mow/weed-eat and just doing whatever comes along. It's going to be nice with temps in the low 90s & plenty of sunshine.

13. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Frosty last night. Covered my squash and the beans that I am trying to dry out for next years planting. Brrr it is getting cold. Most of the garden is out except for the carrots and squash and beans drying. Today is not a garden day. Have to paint the veranda railings after they they dry off.
    Have a great day everyone!

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Breakfast is over, three small slow cookers filled and started cooking, dishes washed up, and tea made. Now, it's break time. It's sunny outside now so may not get outside. I'll sew for a bit and wait for the shade to come.
    Don't forget we started a good night post with A summary of our day in the garden. You can write about your day if you didn't have a garden day.

dooley

15. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 12°C and sunny. THe last day of high pressure and so rain moving in this evening. It has been a lovely week! Pulled the remaining carrots yesterday so I have another bushel of carrots to deal with. Youngest daughter wants cake (isn't she a chip off the old block? :rolleyes: ) so it looks like I'll be making a carrotcake today. Have a great day all :)