The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Rain all afternoon yesterday and most of last night. Rain gauge says 2.7 inches. There is an 80 percent chance of rain again today.
    Have a good day everyone.

dooley

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday morning. Overcast here with just a couple of drizzles. Today would be a good day to have it just be rainy... I don't have anything that HAS to be done outside... but have lots I SHOULD do inside. Let's see which one wins out! :D

3. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Cloudy rainy day. Yesterday 2.87 inches. Today they are saying maybe even higher amounts. Am wonder how to successfully dry my beans :-?

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all, 64 deg when I got up this morning. Good thing we got rain yesterday, 1/2 inch :rolleyes: , cause everything else in the state is way south east of me. But at least the high should only be around 81 this afternoon.

Youngest grandson and I will be potting up the plants that arrived last week....wonder if I can teach him how to pull weeds. Afterall he is shorter than me, therefore is closer to the ground and won't have to bend over as far as I would. If I can successfully appeal to the Boy Scout that he is maybe he won't charge me too much to do it. :D

Jewell likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently 19°C. A warm day expected today for the last day of September. I can't believe September is gone already! Off to work where it looks like I will have to water a few things as the rain the weatherman promised didn't come. Have a great day all :)

6. Jewell

Nothing like being awaken to a new day by rolling thunder. Then when you close your eyes again for a few more winks a bolt of lightning crosses your consciousness even though your eyes are closed. I groggily asked hubby, "Did I really just see lightning?" When he replied to the affirmative I decided I needed to get up and start my work day. Nature could have given me another 15 minutes :D :D :D

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! No rain here yesterday. It was cloudy this morning but now the sun is shining. Only supposed to be in 80's this week. Okay, upper 80's but maybe we will be done with 90' and upper 90's. Birds all fed and watered so I can find other things to do now. Maybe I can pull weeds later. Bought a couple gallons of buttons in a big bag at the thrift shop this morning. Will have fun sorting through them this afternoon. Most like a kid again!

dooley

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. No thunder and/or rain waking me up this morning but the temperature outside is sorta making up for that. Almost noon and only 73 deg, yep I think Autumn has finally arrived here.

9. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. Yesterday brought me nearly 2.5 inches of rain and some cool temps. I said if it would rain, I'd do some housework. Well.. I did put the laundry way. Cleaned the kitchen and cooked supper. The rest of the time was spent just sitting on the front porch watching the rain fall.
    This morning... took my aunt shopping. Almost 3 hours later... I'm home. I checked the rain gauge and was delighted to see another 1/4 inch of rain. Time to go check on the plants and see how happy they are looking... or see if anyone is drowning.

10. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 10°C. We had some light rain overnight, and it is foggy now. Should be a good day. Off to work, where I am working solo today. Have a great day all :)

11. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. There's a 30% chance of rain today and temps might reach 90F. The rain chances for the rest of the week begin to go down... and so do the temps. The flowers loved all the rain from the weekend... except one.
    Riding mower died. Have to get with my brother and see about either finding a gently used one or purchase a new one. I can mow the front yard and my garden area with the push mower. But no way will I attempt to the back yard and the half acre empty lot and a portion of the pasture! Gonna have to decide soon.
    Bonus.... It doesn't look like the hogs came back to visit last night. Whew!

12. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 17°C with a high of 25°C expected today. It is going to be a fabulous day, probably one of the last nice days for a while. Rain moves in tomorrow. Off to work where the fall garden clear out continues. Have a great day all :)

13. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. Had a little fog this morning and there's a 40% chance of rain. I think I can hear the flowers sighing with relief with the slightly cooler temps.
    Home computer doesn't want to boot up... brought it in to work for the tech guy to check... hopefully it just needs some CPR and not last rites! :-D

14. Jewell

Torrential rains continue unabated. No gardening, and a struggle to get the dogs outside to do their business. No one likes getting soaked including myself. Good day to stay curled up in bed, but it is off to work.

15. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

Good day stewbies! It's foggy here this morning, and a chilly 35F!

Have a great day all! :stew2: