The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all.Currently 11°C. Rain in the forecast for tonight. I have caught a cold a feel horriblel, but off to work I go. Have a great day all :)

2. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

I'm stinking up the neighborhood this morning. Just put 3 trays of garlic and 2 trays of leeks in the dehydrator outside. I can hear them saying what stinks.:)

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning. This week is going by fast!
    It poured down raining here at the office yesterday... but we only got around 1/4 inch at the house. Temps are supposed to get up to 90F for the next couple of days and then drop significantly over the weekend. Come on cold front! I'm ready for some Fall temps.
    Tech guy here at work is checking to see if he can get my home computer up and going. Or he's going to figure out a way to get me another one. I miss that thing!!!

4. Netty

Good Friday morning everyone! It's 10°C and pouring rain. Off to work where I will begin work on fall decorating. Have a great day!

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. Again, it poured down here at the office yesterday and only got a itty bitty amount of rain at the house. Guess I'll be watering the containers this evening and dragging out the hoses over the weekend.
    Today will be sunny with highs reaching 90F. The highly anticipated cool front should be getting here tomorrow. That's gonna be nice!
    And... still no computer for home. How on earth will I make it through the weekend? :D

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Doctor visit this morning for a med check to get the blood pressure meds script renewed and to fill him in on what is going on with the other doctors.

Warm and muggy here today, going into the low 90's again. But tomorrow should be wonderful with a nigh only in the low 70's...slight chance of rain....they say 50%...is that a 50% chance that anybody will get wet or that 50% of our area has a 50% chance of getting wet? Either way, I am not holding my breath and will start watering tonight and finish tomorrow.

7. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 11°C and overcast. We had heavy rain yesterday and so I had an early work day. I was happy about it too ... it seems my kids have shared their colds with me! Feeling a little better today, but still very stuffy. Rain in the forecast again today so I think I'll make some pie. Have a great day all :)

8. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. I borrowed an old computer from work... I just knew I'd be going through withdrawals without internet access for two days! :D
    It's currently around 75F and overcast. There's a 40% chance of rain. I guess I should get out there and mow before it does rain. My brother found a new riding mower for the house, not sure when he's planning on getting it, but I have a feeling he's going to show up this weekend to get the trailer.

9. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 11°C and raining. I slept in because I was up half the night coughing, and I just love laying in bed listening to the rain fall. Walked the dog between showers, moved the trail camera and checked the rat trap I had set up inside the composter. I think I am dealing with a smart rat ... the contents of the composter had been moved to cover the trap! I will have to move the compost back to the other side to find the trap. I guess I need better bait. I had it set with a piece of carrot. Maybe I should use some peanut butter? Baking day today ... pumpkin and apple pie. Have a great day all :)

10. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    With everyone sick at work, I finally succumbed. Head is full, so have tried to sleep all week-end. It's been cool enough to have the wood fire going. House needs a good vacuuming but feels cozy warm.

11. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. That cold/cool front is just getting here. Temps are in the mid 60s and it's overcast and breezy. I may have to actually put on a long sleeve shirt to go water the containers. The high should be in the low 80s and tomorrow it says we'll have lows in the mid 50s but still getting up to the 80s. And then warming up a bit every day.
    I put out my Halloween/Fall decorations yesterday. And with this cool weather it not only feels like Fall... it looks like it too.
    :stew2:

12. Netty

It's Monday! Currently 11°C and pouring rain. It is NOT going to be a good day for working ... there is a special weather statement out for heavy rainfall with chance of flooding. I don't think I'll be at work the whole day. Have a good day all.

13. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. Yesterday turned out to be a glorious day! It started off dreary and drizzly. I actually had to put on jeans and long sleeves to be comfortable outside. But the sun broke through around noon. Temps still didn't reach 80F. I checked the thermometer before leaving home this morning... it was 50F. No wonder I got cold overnight (had to get up and get a blanket). We should be having the same temps again today/tonight. Sure wish it was my Monday off work so I could finish weeding/cleaning out the flower beds.

14. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

Happy Monday everyone! For some reason I thought today was Wednesday, those weekends sure do go in fast

15. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. 66 degrees at this time but I think the early morning temperature was in the 50's....I overslept and missed that wonderfulness. :eek:

Only got about 1/2 inch of rain with this cool front but the coolness has inspired several plants to perkup and even bloom. I have never seen my Asclepias curassavica (Scarlet Milkweed, Bloodflower) bloom this late in the year, usually it's dead and gone by late August because of the heat.

In two and a half days I will learn when my next surgery will take place, I can hardly wait to get everything back where it belongs and back to normal. :rolleyes: