The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Friday morning. Still loving this great weather we're having. From mid 60s - mid 80s. There's a 40% chance of rain tomorrow... a nice sprinkle would be nice.
    My brother finally went and got us a brand new riding mower! wooohoooo!!!!! The grass was really getting tall. It was so nice to come home and see everything looking nice and trimmed. Hubby did save me some mowing to do... didn't want me to miss out on playing on the new toy. :D
    I only work until noon today... then it's "outta here" until Tuesday.
    Think I'll stop and get a few bags of mulch to start on the next flower bed expansion. All that cardboard is just in my way.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 7°C and sunny. It looks like a great day ahead, so I think I will dig compost to expand the back flower bed. I hope I have enough! Have a great day all :)

3. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. Kinda warm and muggy this morning. There's a slight chance of rain today but the sky just doesn't look like rain. Maybe it'll get here later. Today's chore... mow my area and do the weedeating & trimming. But I may end up doing it tomorrow. Today I need to go into town and try to round up some vendors for the church's bazaar in a couple of weeks... and then there's a party for one of my aunts who just turned 82. So I'll just play it by ear.

4. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Another rainy day here. I really need some sunshine.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 12°C and pouring rain. It should continue for most of the day. I'll be indoors anyway, making pies and cooking a turkey a little later in the day. Have a great day all :)

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good Sunday morning! No sun though, it's still drizzling out there. The rain gauge says we got another inch of rain bringing the total to 2.5 inches since about 3:30 pm yesterday. Boy, that thunder sure was loud and the lightning bright during the night. Still a chance of more rain today.

dooley

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning all. Warm and sunny here, the closest rain is almost 2.5 hours away and heading east not north. I thought there was supposed to be a cool front over the weekend but that apparently didn't make it further south than the Red River so Oklahoma got it all. High and dry in the middle again for us with 90% humidity.

Several things to do around here today, getting ready to be in the hospital most of this coming week. Looking forward to the end result, just have to keep telling myself to keep that goal in mind. :rolleyes:

8. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. 70F with a light rain. We got a little rain last night too. I got the mowing done yesterday, but not the edging/weedeating. That must might wait until tomorrow if the rain continues throughout the day. I did want to start laying down some cardboard and mulch to expand a bed... but that might have to wait also. going to meet Mrs. E this afternoon and get her list of plants for the upcoming sale so I can make info sheets for them. I think I'm planning on taking too many... so will have to rethink how much to bring once I see her list. Then supposed to meet the lady the DuckFarm to help plan a little get-together next weekend.

9. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Morning all. Notice I didn't say good. Day 8 and it's still raining 6 1/2 inches so far.

10. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 11°C with clouds and sunshine. It is Thanksgiving Monday here, so I have the day off work. We had a big turkey dinner yesterday with our family and my daughters new boyfriend. It was his first family dinner with us and he didn't leave running scared so he's a keeper ;) Today, catching up on housework and maybe a little work out in the gardens. Have a great day all :)

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Gray and cloudy here today with 60 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms. Only 64 out right now. May stay in and do things today as I went out and pulled weeds and tall grass yesterday. They were easier to pull after a couple inches of rain.
    Have a good day everyone!

dooley

12. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. Still kinda gray here too, but we haven't been getting much rain. Just sprinkles off an on. So... after I get back from taking my aunt shopping, I'm going to do some watering and finally start on the bed expansion. I need to get some stufff out of that corner of garage and all that cardboard is in my way. If I have to move it... it'll only be once and that will be out in the yard.
    Happy Belated Canadian Thanksgiving to y'all up there! :stew2:

13. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Mornin all. 47º and sunny. Not much going on today. Have to go buy some more earring hooks (I'm making chainmaille earrings to sell!) and deposit money in the bank so I can pay my bill for internet/tv or it'll be shut off cause I somehow missed last months payment >_<
    Have all this week off from work because the company sucks ***. Long story.
    In other news, me and the bf are going to Georgia this weekend for a wedding :) Yay wedding cake!

14. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 7°C and foggy. Off to work, where I will be working very hard all week to try and get all the gardens cleaned out. Boss wants me to be done by Friday, which would be great if there wasn't so much left to do! Have a great day all :)

15. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Mild temps still mid70s to upper 80s with a slight chance of rain the next few days. I had a busy weekend and glad to be back to work just so I can slow down! :D
    I did deplete my cardboard supply on expanding a flower bed... time to stock up again. The armadillo is back to digging, but, after seeing the destruction hogs can cause... I'm not so upset about the armadillo... he just digs little holes here and there. BUT... I think I'll pick up another couple jugs of that stuff and spread it around. Don't want it making itself to "at home".