The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Cloudy with a peek of sun once in awhile. Rain coming this evening and tomorrow with a cold front coming down from the north. High today, 84 degrees. High predicted for tomorrow, 64 degrees. Snow in northern states. Hope it stays up there for the whole of winter.

dooley

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 14°C and raining. Heading to work despite the rain, and will probably end up having an early day. I need to get at least a little bit done today, as I have a deadline of Friday to get everything done. Have a great day all :)

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. Cool front just now getting here. I could tell the difference between when I left home and when I got to the office (about an hour later). It rained all around my town yesterday... not a drop at the house. Hopefully this front will have some rain come along with it.

4. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 12°C. Well, yesterdays rain stopped as soon as I left for work so I got a full day in. Good thing too ... there were things added to my list. 2 more days to get it all done, I hope I can do it! Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. We got a very little sprinkle this morning. The thermometer read 60F when I left home. When I got to work, it feels a little cooler - maybe because it's breezy here? Highs should get up the middle 70s, overcast with small chance of rain.
    The armadillo is at it again...so last night I had my place lit up like an airport. Every outdoor light on. The radio in the garage full blast. Another radio in the middle of my garden. I'll be stopping to buy more of that repellant stuff. I just can't stand the thought of using all that electricity on a darn armadillo! Hopefully all the light and sound kept him away last night. And who knows... maybe scared the hogs too!
    I know it was sure aggravating me! :D

6. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Only 47 here this morning and temp in our bedroom only 66. I turned on the heat. Wannabe

7. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

FRIDAY! It's finally here. Weather isn't too great here at the moment and I don't think its meant to pick up much this weekend. Anyway, enjoy your weekend :)

8. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. Beautiful sunrise this morning... almost as pretty as yesterday's sunset! Woke up to temps in the upper 50s. This week seems to have flown by... no complaints... I'm ready for the weekend! Darn armadillo decided to tear up some of the front lawn. Oh well... better the grass than my flowers!

9. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Afternoon all! 59º right now. Dont remember what it was this morning, but I had on sweat pants, a sweater and my fleece jacket to drive the bf to work so I could drive his car to Westfield to pay my car payment cause mom had my car cause her car is in the shop...whew.
    Need to get packing cause tonight we're leaving for Georgia!

10. Netty

Good Friday evening all. Currently 13°C and overcast. We had a few scattered showers earlier. There was a power outage early this morning so I was not able to post as usual. I finished my last day at work today (YIPPEE!!) and so it is time to get my own gardens and house back in order. But first, tomorrow I sleep IN! Have a great night all :)

11. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 8°C and overcast. Rain in the forecast for later. I did manage to sleep in a little bit, but the dog needed out and the cat wanted fed. :rolleyes: There's always tomorrow.
    Not sure what I want to do today, proabably get some bulbs planted and do some cleanup in the garden. If it rains I guess I'll be working inside. Have a great day all :)

12. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. I slept in too. Good morning for it... overcast and cool. It was 58F when I checked the thermometer and was pleasantly surprised to see that we got 2 inches of rain overnight. No watering for me today! Also... no mowing since the ground is too wet.
    Today's chore... get my "winterhouse" put together.

13. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! We overslept, too. It was about 46 degs. here at 9:30 when I checked the thermometer. No rain though. Now the sun is shining and it might warm up.
    Pulled all my sweatshirts and long sleeve shirts out of storage. Needed one this morning.
    Off to get plants ready for another cold night.

dooley

14. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 8°C and sunny. We got a lot of rain yesterday, so I stayed in the house and baked, and cooked. Something about cold wet weather makes me want to cook! I hope to get outside and start some fall cleanup today, and get some bulbs planted. I bought some new tulips, daffodils and Crown Imperial Fritillaria. I hope to get them all in today, as well as digging UP my Glads and Canna's for storage. Rototilling my veggie patch is probably a dream as it is so wet from all the rain. More rain in the forecast too. Have a great day all :)

15. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. Brrrrr... it's nippy this morning with temps right now around 55F. But there's not a cloud in the sky so I imagine it will be another beautiful day here. After the sun dries up the grass some, I'll get to the mowing. But first, need to go into town for a few things. Later on this afternoon the DUCK farm is having their fall fest, I'll be going by there to listen to music, eat, visit and of course see what crafts they have for sale. Maybe someone will even have some plants?