The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It's cloudy and rainy here this morning. Supposed to be 80 with rain this afternoon. Rain for the next five days with lower temperatures. Guess I might just have to keep that truck in the driveway.

dooley

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Friday morning all! Currently 1°C and overcast. 19 years ago right now, I was heading to the hospital in the early stages of labor. At 2:15 my little bundle of joy arrived and my life hasn't been the same! Happy 19th Birthday to my daughter Amy!

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Friday morning. It was a nice 70F when I left home this morning. An hour later and 35 miles west... it's raining, dark and the temps are rapidly dropping. By the time I get home this evening, it should be getting close to the 40s.
    Stopped at the grocery store on my way to work to get turkey... 27 cents a pound (when you spend $20). Too bad my freezer isn't big enough... I'd go back a few more times! I still may stop on the way home and pick up another one to donate to the DUCK farm... they will be cooking Thanksgiving Dinner for the elderly, sick, shut-ins.

4. dooley

Good morning! I'm off to a good start. Don't know if I'll keep it up. I'm up, I'm dressed, I made oatmeal for breakfast and I made tea for the day. I'm drinking hot tea this morning. It was 65 when I went to bed and 38 when I got up. We got an inch of rain during the night. Still cloudy and 70 percent chance for more rain today. Rain is forecast thru Monday. I hope my plants are okay because it wasn't supposed to get cold until tomorrow so I didn't cover them last night. But, with the rain and no freezing they may be okay. Sewing today, I think.

dooley

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

GOOD morning all. A chilly 35 degrees when I got up this morning, windy and cold for the next 4-5 days. Watching the weather radar last night all the lovely rain was all around us but once again we were in the gap of nothing as it went over us. We got a sprinkle but nothing measurable. If we don't get a decent rain by Monday I will be dragging the hoses around....or I should say Randy will be dragging the hoses since I technically I haven't been cleared to do that yet. :rolleyes:

6. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Go turn heat on at church early. Having no water-old time church can do that. But walking record low tonight. Glad for lot of fire wood. Hot coffee taste good.

7. Netty

Good Saturday morning all! Currently -2°C and overcast. I had a good sleep, even though I had the dog and cat sleeping on me all night. My youngest daughter was away on her first sleepover and the cat usually sleeps with her. The cat still looks a little confused and lonely this morning so I guess she will be very happy at 11am when I pick her up again! Snow squalls in the forecast for later today and tomorrow ... good day to stay by the woodstove. Have a great day all :)

8. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. Around 48F here and not going to get any warmer. Windy and "misty" out with a 50% chance of rain. I won't be spending too much time outdoors, I can tell you that! :D
    I do have to make some adjustments to the "winterhouse" there's an area that needs some more string added because it's holding water... like I expected. But couldn't really know for sure until we got a good rain... which we did yesterday. And with more on the way over the next few days, I have to tend to it this morning. So... as soon as I'm done with this cup of tea I have to go search my brother's storage building for some rope/string... or go into town.
    Gonna make gumbo today... it's that kinda day!

9. annieh

annieh Seedling

Cheryl, gumbo sounds so good for this kind of weather. We're at 45F this morning but the temps are taking a nosedive for the rest of the day, with the rest of the week being about the same. End of another gardening year...after the holidays, I'll be yearning for Spring!

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good chilly morning all. 37 deg now and might hit 40 this afternoon.....then Autumn disappears for about 48 hours to let WINTER move in for my pure enjoyment. Cold, rain, sleet start late tomorrow morning, turn into sleet and possible significant ice accumulation Sunday afternoon lasting through Monday.

Wish I had a fireplace :rolleyes: but I do have a cast iron 'Franklin' type stove (nonworking) that I put about a dozen votive candles in that puts out some warmth and will have to do.

Pardon me, I have to practice my Snoopy Dance for tomorrow and Monday performances. :-D :-D :-D :-D

11. dooley

Good morning! Cold and windy and raining here this morning. It was 32 degrees when we went into town for the papers this morning. The rain gauge says that we have another inch and a half of rain. That's almost 4 inches since it started on Wednesday. It hasn't stopped raining and I'm not sure which day we last saw sunshine. More rain through Tuesday morning. Hopefully no rain on Thanksgiving but more for the weekend after Thanksgiving. Hope it warms up some. Got out my winter coat this morning.
    Wood stove and heaters going now.

dooley

12. Atwood Terrace

Atwood Terrace Seedling

-I'm just waiting for it to get in the 80's again.

13. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -12°C with snow squalls again today. No accumulation to speak of here, but I saw friends photos with lots of snow so my kids will be disappointed. Not sure what to do today, I think it will be a lazy day. Have a great day all :)

14. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. Still cold at 40F this morning and very windy. I won't be outdoors except for a brief moment getting in and out of the store later on. Not sure what to do in the house all day. Maybe I'll go through my seeds and get them organized.

15. dooley

Good morning! There is sun out there but it's still only 35 degrees and very windy. More rain later this afternoon just so we'll remember what it is I guess.

dooley