The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Gooooooood morning all. 32 when I got up, 35 now and the radar shows the sleet and rain heading my way...just hope there isn't another freakin' gap in the clouds leaving me high and dry again. We got an inch of rain on Friday, but other locations got way more than that.

Did our Turkey day shopping yesterday, just thought we would miss the crowd by going early :eek: Not going anywhere today or tomorrow, except outside to take photos of hopefully ice and snow. ;)

2. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

It is sunny here but cold. It was 9 when I got up and is 23 now, at 4pm. I guess that is going to be our norm for the next couple of weeks. I need more blankets. wannabe

3. annieh

annieh Seedling

Cold and sunny here, too. Watched a movie and baked ...and ate :)...some cookies.

4. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Good cold morning all. 23* here. Something tells me when the sun comes up it won't be a pretty sight outside :(. Have my granddaughter all to myself for a couple of days. We are shopping and going out for lunch. Tomorrow we will do the baking together. Can you tell how much I enjoy her. :)

Advertisement
  5. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Light snow about a inch .Only have to work today. Rest of week off.

6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently -7°C with a windchill. Sneaking off to do a bit of Christmas shopping today, then a dentist appointment with my son and skating with my daughter tonight. Looks like my day is full! Have a great day all :)

7. Atwood Terrace

Atwood Terrace Seedling

17 here in NW Ohio.

8. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday morning. Typically this would have been my day off work, but with the office being closed Thursday and Friday I needed to come in today. No big deal since it is going to be raining all day. My rain gauge showed 1/2 inch overnight. It's not a heavy rain but a good soaker. Temps were in the high 30s this morning and we might reach 50 for the high. The next few nights they are predicting we get down to freezing. The plants are all tucked in... except I still need to cover the kalanchoes by the front porch when I get home this evening.

9. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Morning all. 27º and cloudy right now. Brrrr! Im working on getting over a cold. I went to bed early last night, but had so many coughing fits I finally got up, watched some Netflix, played computer games until 5am. Finally went to sleep, but then had to get up at 8 to drive the bf to work because his vehicle is dead. So now I cant decide if I want to stay awake and try to make it through work this evening, or get some sleep...

10. annieh

annieh Seedling

Good morning! We're cold and in the 20's this morning. I need to finish some grocery shopping before the rain comes in. We're expecting 2-4 inches tomorrow into Wednesday. Hoping it doesn't turn to snow yet.

11. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Rain all night with temps just below 30. We brought the rain gauge inside so it wouldn't freeze and break. Still raining with big puddles, ditches running full and overflowing. Weather channel says 100 percent chance of rain all day with 50 percent chance of rain tonight. Supposed to stop by noon tomorrow. We live on a dirt/gravel road and it's a muddy mess. Come on sunshine!

dooley

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Welllll, the forecast of sleet/rain/snow was a dud. Temp stayed well above freezing so what we got was 1/2 inch of rain overnight. That means my garden has gotten a grand total of 1.5 inches since Friday which brings the rainfall total for the month of November to ....1.5 inches. :rolleyes:

13. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Gee, Toni, you can have some of our rain. We've gotten between three and five inches since last Wednesday and it's still coming down. I got stuck in the mud at the end of our driveway at noon today. Poor dr got drenched with muddy water and mud trying to talk me out of the puddle or muddle he called it. Road is more like driving in a ditch than a road. More rain tomorrow.

dooley

14. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast. I'm really missing the sunshine! Some cleanup to do, and then some online 'window shopping' for Christmas gifts. Have a great day all :)

15. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Tuesday morning. We got right at 2 inches of rain yesterday and overnight and it's still raining, but lightly. I don't think our temps got down to freezing last night.
    The rain should be moving out this afternoon and with clear skies tonight the chance of reaching that freezing mark is greater.
    I really need to stop at the grocery store on the way home this evening... I don't have half the stuff I need for Thanksgiving dinner yet. Shame on me for procrastinating! :oops: