The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. annieh

annieh Seedling

Good Wednesday Morning! We got a little bit of snow last night...just enough to make the tree limbs pretty! Storm has moved on east but the temps are still suppose to stay cold for a few days.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all! Currently -3°C and overcast with NW winds picking up. We had a bit of snow fall overnight, which made for a very pretty dog walk this morning :)

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Netty's Garden )

Cleanup and baking to do today. Have a great day all :)

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. Got another 1/2 inch of rain yesterday. Today... clear and sunny! Yipppeee!!!! Had a light frost this morning... nothing on the ground, just on the windshield of my truck. All the plants looked okay. Our highs should reach the 50s but will be colder overnight and lows expected to be in the mid to uppper 20s. Brrrrr.... glad I won't have to get outta bed and come to work freezing tomorrow.

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Sun is shining today. We almost forgot what it looked like after a week of rain. Puddles were all frozen this morning. Thawed out now and might get up to 50 degrees today. Pie making and other things today. Fun things! Maybe cranberry bread and cookies. Have a great day!

dooley

Advertisement
  5. Atwood Terrace

Atwood Terrace Seedling

well it's 27 degrees here in NW Ohio. I'm going over to continue work on my brothers rental property, (an old house in the country that we've completely rehabbed)., -I'm doing this while I'm trying to juggle my own projects.

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Sunny outside (no big deal here,we have more of those days than any other) Did get below freezing last night so more of the annuals are history.

Which, by the way, I will be able to start pulling up along with some weeds this weekend...the Surgeon gave me the all clear yesterday to do anything I felt like doing!!!! It's so nice to be able to get our lives back to what passes for normal for us. I was even able to have a vodka and Dr. Pepper last night and slept like a baby ;)

Cleaning and pie baking today and maybe get the potatoes cooked ahead of time to make tomorrow a little less busy.

Mrs. Galeassi likes this.
  7. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -11°C and clear. We had our Thanksgiving in October, so this is just a regular day for me. Off to do my errands and grocery shopping today. Have a great day all :)

8. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning... and Happy Thanksgiving!
    It's about 36F now and we're hoping for a high around 57.
    It's overcast now, but they promised clear blue skies? Would be nice to see some sunshine.
    We must have gotten below the freezing mark last night. From my window, I can see that the Sleepy Hibiscus blooms are looking darker and wilted. We're due to reach freezing again tonight and tomorrow night... so I'm sure it's done for the year. It's a shame... those big red blooms sure were pretty.... reminded me of Christmas lights. Oh well.
    At least the Cassia, which I can also see from here, is still blooming... a little bit.
    Well... I'd better get in the kitchen and start the cooking. I haven't cooked a turkey in the oven in ages (usually did it in the smoker).

Mrs. Galeassi likes this.
  9. Mrs. Galeassi

Mrs. Galeassi In Flower

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope evrything is going well for my fellow stewbies.... all well here and enjoying the day! :)

10. dooley

Good afternoon! The sun is shining so we went outside this morning. It's still a tad bit cool but I'm letting some sunshine in while it's here. Hoping the puddles and mud dries while it's still nice and sun is out. It says more rain starting on Sunday. I'm sure glad it's not snow. Have a great Thanksgiving Day! Have a great day anyway even if it's not Thanksgiving in your corner of the world!

dooley & dr

11. annieh

annieh Seedling

Good Afternoon! Sun is shining bright today, even if it is still cold outside but it has melted most of the snow. All done with the meal and dishes and now I'm going to sit and have a cup of hot tea. :)

12. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -15°C and sunny. That is the coldest morning so far this year ... one of those mornings that you don't want to breath in too deeply for fear of your nostrils freezing together! Home alone today so I may clean the carpets. But first, I'm going to look for some good shopping deals online. Have a great day all :)

13. dooley

Good morning. I'm up and having a cup of hot tea to get me started. It's all frosty outside but the forecast says it will be sunny and 61 degrees today. A good time to start with Christmas. Have a great day everyone and don't get lost in the crowds.

dooley

14. annieh

annieh Seedling

Mornin' all! It's a cold 25 degrees this morning but is suppose to warm up near 50. I don't do black Friday, so will probably take advantage of the weather, get outside a bit and work off some of the turkey dinner! :)

15. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. It's around 38F right now with clear skies. Hopefully it'll warm up to the near 60s. The freezes the last couple of nights have done-in a few things... Elephant Ears, Hyacinth Bean Vine, and few other things. :'(
    No plans for today, but as soon as it warms up some I'm planning on being outside as much as I can.