The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Good day all. Got the Christmas tree up and some of the decorations.

36º and mostly sunny. Have to work this evening, hope most of the crazy shoppers are gone by the time I get there. Had to work last night so I missed eating with the family.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast. I didn't go shopping yesterday, but did look for deals online. I didn't find any, so I will check again on 'cyber Monday". I finally got a wish list from the kids so I can start my shopping. Today, I'm baking banana bread and zucchini brownies. Have a great day all :)

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Warmer this morning than we have been in over a week 45 now and going into the 60-70s for a few days. Then another cold front comes out way so we might have some decent winter weather this year afterall.

Had a great dinner Thursday evening then went to Target when it opened at 8 p.m. and joined the 'madding crowd'. Not too bad, nothing like some Walmarts around the country yesterday :eek: We got what we needed for one grandson and got out with very little hassle, they were very organized and well stocked.
    Yesterday I spent the whole day reading a new Nora Roberts book, Dark Witch, doing not much of anything to rest my achy back from too much cleaning and bending on Wed and Thurs. When the Doctor cleared me for anything I wanted to do on Tuesday I think I over did it on Wed. :rolleyes:

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Saturday morning. Currently 46F and lots of sunshine. Our high should reach the lower 70s. Kinda like yesterday, which turned out to a beautiful day. The sneakers quickly were replaced with flip-flops. :D
    Hubby thinks there's a dead mouse in the garage. So he wants to clean it out and clean it up. I have a stash of cardboard to use for that new bed... so I guess this is a good time to use it up.
    And while the storage tubs are being moved about, I might as well get the one's with Christmas decorations and bring them indoors. And no... I will not be putting any decorations up so soon. :-D

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 1°C and wet snow/rain is falling. My youngest is very excited to start decorating the house today, so I think that is what we will do. The tree doesn't go up for a few more weeks though. Have a great day all :)

6. annieh

annieh Seedling

Mornin'! It's slightly warmer this morning...suppose to be in the 50's, near 60F all week before getting colder next Saturday. Nothing planned today, might just be lazy! :)

7. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. Overcast and a warm 58F. I think temps are supposed to get back up to the 70s.
    Nothing planned... except trying to keep off my feet. I twisted an ankle yesterday (yes I'm a clutz). It's so hard for me to just sit still. But I'll try.

8. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 0°C and overcast. It was very dark this morning! In just 3 weeks the days start getting longer again. I'll be looking online for some deals today and then heading outside to enjoy the warmish day. Have a great day all :)

9. annieh

annieh Seedling

Good mornin'. In the 40's this morning and is suppose to get up into the 50's. A little overcast right now. Might do some boot shopping today...just need to talk myself into it. Cheryl, hope your ankle is better this morning. :)

10. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's foggy outside this morning. Hopefully it will clear up soon. Today is errand day. No sun yesterday but it's still going to 70's so it was nice. Frigid by the end of the week though.

dooley

11. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

it is foggy here also.To have mixed bag next few days. Dh got post up for snow fence, Had last week off. taking down fall decoration first house-they have 100 boxes of X-Mas -not including outdoor.

12. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. Even warmer today... from 60 to 80F for the next couple of days... and then back to winter by the end of the week for a few days. Good ol' roller coaster weather here again.
    Thanks Annie... it feels a little better. I made myself stay inside yesterday and kick back in the recliner for most of the day. It was HARD just sitting there! :D

13. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -4°C and sunny, with a very dark cloud looming in the distance. Found a couple of fantastic cyber Monday deals yesterday ... 50%off and free shipping from my sons favorite clothing line! I was able to buy all his Christmas clothing very affordably. May go do some Christmas shopping today. Have a great day all :)

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's going to be sunny and 80 degrees today. Another nice day tomorrow and then it's going to slide down hill into the 30's with rain. Yuck! But, we will go out and enjoy this nice day. Where? Where ever the truck decides it wants to go! Have a great day everyone.

dooley

15. annieh

annieh Seedling

Near 50F this morning with some rain overnight. The sun is trying to break through the clouds now, so hopefully will be a sunny day. Went boot shopping yesterday and found a terrific deal. Can't wait to try them out today.