The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It was 34 degrees outside when I got up. It's about 40 now according to the thermometer but with the wind blowing it sure doesn't feel like it.
    I'm waiting for it to warm up again. I mean 70 degrees and 30 degrees in the same week or just one day apart. Ugh!

dooley

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -8°C and sunny. My son has invited a girl over so I am watching him clean things LOL I said 'watching' because that is all I plan to do ... he never cleans so I am letting him :) Should be an interesting day! Have a great day all!

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Day 3 of cold and icy. Randy got out yesterday for a grocery store trip, he was wishing he hadn't before he got back home. But youngest has to be at work at 10ish this morning so he will be driving her there....tomorrow and Tuesday she has to be there at 6 a.m. and the road conditions won't be any better than right now.

A little more freezing rain last night, there's a new coat of ice on the car windows that he had cleared off yesterday. And this morning we have a Freezing Fog Advisory...freezing fog? I think that's a new one for this area.

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday morning. Temps around 35F now. Still overcast. No wind. And no rain so far this weekend. The thermometer never reached 40F yesterday.
    Well... I'm going to do it. Will put up some Christmas decorations today and get my Christmas cards ready for mailing.
    Toni... I've never heard of freezing fog before either!

Advertisement
  5. dooley

Good morning! The thermometer says it's 42 but you couldn't prove it by me. It's wet and cloudy and windy still. Maybe to get to 50's this week. I'll wait for 70's again.
    It was too cold to go to the mini market yesterday. I'll have to give those Christmas aprons to friends, I guess.

dooley

6. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Have been having cold clear weather that just keeps getting colder. No moisture at all. Down to -9 C/16F last night after not getting above freezing for several days. Froze the water pipes so made hubby defrost them in the middle of the night when I realized the problem. After a great breakfast jaunt out with the dogs, and putting water and seeds ou for the birds I am ready for a nap.

7. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -2°C and overcast. It snowed overnight, and I'm sure there will be more snow falling during the day. I'm still waiting for a few packages to be delivered so I will be staying home today and writing Christmas cards. Have a great day all :)

8. toni

Good morning all. We are above the freezing mark so the ice is very slowing beginning to melt. Randy had to take our youngest to work this morning because of the refrozen slush but by the time I pick her up around 2 the roads should be clear and dry.

Life will return to normal around here by the end of the week and the ice event will be but a memory....maybe we will have another one next month. Well, a girl can hope now can't she? ;)

9. cherylad

Happy Monday afternoon. The day started off a bit warmer... in the low 40s. But now since its' drizzling it just feels colder than the 44F it shows on the thermometer.
    I took one of the aunt to do her shopping this morning, so the rest of the day is mine. I did the decorating yesterday. I've got the Christmas cards just about ready to send. I'm planning on sending my brothers a cake, maybe I'll bake it today and get in the mail too.

10. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Both hubby and I got to work today and frozen pipes were at both places. Hopefully this cold snap will end soon. I am beginning to worry about the fish pond. It's never been so low and then frozen. Hope it warms up soon, or we get some snow for insulation.

11. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -10°C and sunny. The winds are blowing hard from the west making it feel so much colder. The howling winds kept me up last night ... gosh I can't wait until spring!
    Off to the big city this morning for a dental appointment and then a last trip to the mall. Hopefully I can finish off my Christmas shopping today. Have a great day all :)

12. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. It was right at the freezing mark this morning... but.... the sun is out! First time in days. Nothing lifts the spirits like some good o'l sunshine! We haven't been out of the 40s the last few days. And yesterday was just miserable with drizzles all day long. But, that kinda weather kept me indoors and I even managed to get some of my baking done. We should be warming up for a couple of days with highs and 50s... then cold again.
    It's not even winter yet, and I want it to be over. :stew2:

13. dooley

Good morning! It is 28 degrees out there and there is a light ice covering on things. We see the sunshine here, too. I almost forgot what it was. Sure is bright! Warming up to 50. I mixed cookie dough last evening so baking this morning. It will help warm things up.

dooley

14. toni

Good morning all. Sunny here this morning too, not that I consider that such a big deal but people driving on the slush this morning are enjoying it. 19f/-17c in my yard this morning and going all the way up to 40. The temperature was above freezing hovering at 33f/.5f for about 10 hours yesterday, first time since late Thursday evening.

This freeze is causing more than just school and business closings, gas stations are running out of gas cause the refinerys have been shut down because of ice and store shelves are still almost bare because trucks can't get groceries delivered. But the electricity has been restored to everyone in the area, the last group of houses were able to turn on the heat and get warm last night.

15. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Morning all. Almost noon here though :) 16º and sunny here. Not much to do today besides a few chores. Got the whole day off work, and mom and the bf are working, so I have the house to myself! Have to vacuum up pine needles from the garland I hung yesterday and figure out how to decorate with the greenery I got from the Home Depot tree area (they gather broken/cut branches and put them in a pile for people to take) :D