The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday morning. Yesterday's yucky weather did leave over an inch of rain. Today is still cloudy but cooler 56F and getting down to near freezing overnight.
    Lots of little things to do today... grocery store, meeting at church, help prepare boxes to give to the elderly & shut ins for Christmas and then a friend is having his Christmas party. I need to start my Christmas visits to the aunts and friends. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. 34 degrees this morning and 1.75 inches of rain in the gauge so my garden is happy.

Off today for christmas with Randy's family, talk to you all again tonight.

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently -9°C and overcast. Yesterdays freezing rain storm hit Toronto hard, and there are still over 225,000 people without power. My elderly parents are in that number, and they were told it could take up to 72 hours before their power is restored. That would put us into Christmas, so family Christmas may have to be changed. I'm off to the drug store to get some cold meds ... seems most of my family has come down with something. So far I'm OK. Have a good day all :)

4. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. Cold out this morning... temps hovering around 35F now and overcast. But should be warming up to the mid50s.
    Today's chores... take the aluminum cans in for recycling. Put Christmas flowers at my parents gravesites. Visit 2 more aunts and hopefully catch my best friend at home.

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Well, it's almost still morning. Sunny and bright but temps still in 30's. Got all the errands done. Now to do some baking, cardamon bread first.

dooley

6. toni

Good afternoon all, got busy with more cinnamon swirl bread and lost track of the time. First batch of bread is on it's final rise, second batch is on it's first rise and the third batch is still in bits and pieces on the kitchen counter waiting their turn for the mixing bowl.

Had a good time at Randy's folks yesterday, everyone was there except our youngest daughter who couldn't find anyone to trade work days with her...so she and Randy went down there on Sat to give them their gifts from her, part of which was alone time with her without other family members to get in the way. ;)

7. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -21°C and clear. I think it is still too early in the season for these kind of temperatures! At least I know my gardens are under a thick layer of snow and ice. Today is Christmas Eve, and I am still unsure of where we will have our family celebration tonight as my parents house is still without electricity. I was also up all night with my youngest and some sort of stomach bug so I am tired. Should be an interesting day! Have a great day all :)

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! It's cold and frosty here this morning. I think I'll wait a bit before venturing outside. dr has been and fed the birds. The feeders were empty.

dooley

9. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. We were in the 20s overnight, but it's already 40F and blue skies! Looks like it's going to be another beautiful day. Today's plans... visit one more aunt and still trying to catch up with my best friend. Need to bake another one of those Tropical Kumquat Cakes to take to my brother's tomorrow.
    I also think I'll get out there and lay some cardboard and mulch on that bed I'm extending. I need the mulch bag to empty out some of my compost from the barrel... it's getting too heavy to turn.

10. toni

Good morning all. Temp was 26f/-3c when I got up this morning, just recently went above 32f/0c but warming up into the 50's later.

Finally finished our shopping last night, there are always a few things you think of at almost the last minute. Got all the cinnamon swirl bread baked, bought food to take to oldest daughter's for breakfast and dinner tomorrow. Still a dryer full of clothes to deal with but that will wait until later. We are going to see the second Hobbit movie this afternoon, hopefully the theater won't be full of unattended children whose parents don't know anything about The Hobbit and will expect their little ones to have fun watching a childrens story so they can have some peace and quiet for a while. Supper will be Tuna Spaghetti with biscuits, Eggnog and Southern Comfort. I have a DVD of a crackling fire place so we might relax by watching that tonight. ;)

11. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Tuesday night,..its nippy but lots of rain during the past three days,..but snug as a bug in the house.

Sorry to read those members and family who are ill with bugs of all sorts,..sad to see many people without power and houses flooded at Christmas.

12. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all, and Merry Christmas! It was a chilly -25 this morning, but has warmed up to -14°C now at 11am. Our furnace stopped during the night so we have the woodstove going to take the chill off. The kids have opened all their gifts and have scattered through the house with them. I am heading out shortly for my morning dog walk. I hope everyone is having a great day :)

13. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning and Merry Christmas! Our temps dipped into the 20s overnight but it's up in the 40s already. And another beautiful day with a couple of clouds. It's supposed to warm up nearly to 60F.
    I'll be headed to my brothers for dinner. Hopefully my nephew and his new fiance will be there. And my niece... but mostly I want to meet the newest addition to the family! Enjoy your Christmas Day everyone. :smt114

14. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

Good day all and a very Merry Christmas! It's a balmy 26F here and foggy...still have snow on the ground, so it's lso a white Christmas here! Have good one all!

15. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -6°C and snowing. I have been sick in bed for the last 36 hours and I am just now getting up. I seem to have caught some sort of stomach bug and now my son has it. Today, that turkey must be cooked! Have a great day all :)