The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 5°c and raining. Not a nice day to be gardening! Off to work to do some indoor things. I hope the rain quits by then. Have a great day all :)

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. Ahhhh.... feels so nice outside with temps in the upper 60s. So much better than waking up to 80F! Clear skies and highs should only be in the mid80s for the next few days.

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Goooood morning all. Temp dropped into the 40's overnight, only 50 right now with a feels like of 45 because of the high wind. Less than 3 inches of rain since the first of the year, not even 1/3rd of what we got by this time last year and last summer was extremely dry. This summer is shaping up to make last summer look like we had a 6 month monsoon season. :eek:

4. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 7°C and raining. It has been raining for 3 days now, and rain is in the forecast until Monday. I wish I could send some to you Toni! I have the day off today as I will be taking my son to the fracture clinic once again. Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. A chilly start to the day with temps in the mid40s. :eek: I brought some seedlings in overnight so they wouldn't catch a cold. :D
    The sun is out and we should reach the mid70s. The next few days will be pretty nice.... mid50s to low80s. No rain in the forecast though.
    Watering routine started. I had to replace two spray nozzles and now one of the hoses is leaking, so need a new one of those too. And with the expanded bed, I realize I need to maximize my time better for watering in the evening. I think I'll have to get one of those oscillating sprinklers and have it going while I water other stuff with the hose.

6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Wow, it was 48 when I got up and less than an hour later it is 52, warming up quickly. I was working on cleaning one of the beds out back yesterday and later in the evening was reminded that I had not worn my mask so now my alergies have kicked in. :eek: I think I will stay inside today and let it clear up some. But I have so much to get done before the 90' hit next week. :rolleyes:

7. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Hello on this lovely Friday. Sun is going to shine at last! Going to do some baking this morning so that I can enjoy the afternoon outside. Have a great day everyone.

8. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 6°C and overcast. Rain is in the forecast again. I'm really wondering when spring is going to get here! Off to work, have a great day all :)

9. cherylad

Happy Friday morning! Looks like another nice day down here... and the weekend is just an 8-hour work day away!
    Not that I have any plans... just nice to be able to hang out at home all day long.

10. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 7°C and RAINING! Again! I managed to get an hour of weeding in last night just before dark. Things are coming up so slowly that I can't tell where it is safe to step in the garden! Hoping to get some work done in the garden today IF it stops raining. Have a great day all :)

11. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. Temps from low 60s to mid 80s today and not a cloud in the sky! Today's chore... feed and weed and water. Also time to mow and weed-eat again.
    Then it'll just be time to putter around and hang out in the garden. Don't you just love days like this? :stew2:

12. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 4°C and overcast. We had more rain overnight, and rain is in the forecast today. We MAY see some sun tomorrow. I did manage to get out to my garden for a bit of weeding and moved a few perennials. Hoping I can get out into the garden later today. Have a great day all :)

13. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Another day of monsoon rains. The rain beating against the winds drowned out the TV so I might as well vacuum :D

14. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. Looks like a repeat day here today. I didn't get to the mowing yesterday, so that'll be my first chore. Then to continue with the weeding and watering. Will also give the fruit trees a good drink since we haven't had any rain in the last couple of weeks. While the hose is laying there doing it's job... got a rack of ribs to put on the bbq pit. Yummm....

15. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Sunny, no wind and 72. A good day to be out and about.