The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 12°C and sunny. I wanted to stay home today and catch up on housework and garden work, but my kids need new soccer shoes and pants. So it's shopping I will go, but you can be sure I will be stopping at a garden center ;) Have a great day all :)

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Just had a wander through the front garden, lots of new buds getting ready to pop open on the Daisy and Coneflowers. It will be interesting to see how this extended Spring weather affects them, everything else so far has loved it and bloomed weeks longer than ever before.

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Dan and Laurel came yesterday so we are wearing out our voices. Been eating and talking and a little sleep. Long days until they leave Monday evening.

dooley

4. Carol Ann

Carol Ann New Seed

Off to-morrow on the road for mothers Day at my daughters.

Happy Mothers Day to all who celebrate it.

No plants up at my place yet.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 9°C and sunny. Happy Mothers Day to all the Mom's out there today :) My kids spoiled me this year with a pair of 'Hunter' boots, something I always wanted but refused to pay the money for. I must have been a very good Mom this year ;) A bit of housework and then it's out to plant my peas and spend the day in the gardens. Have a great day all :)

6. toni

Good Mother's Day Morning all. We are heading down to Randy's parents to spend the day with his Mom.
    See you all this evening, hope you Mom's get to play in the dirt today.

7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oh Netty---I see that your temp there is only one deg lower than ours here. Burrrrrrr. At least you don't have rain. It has been raining here for a few days now. Tch!

Enjoy the garden, miss.

8. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday morning and Happy Mother's Day to all you moms. Gonna be another hot one here with temps from upper 70s to 90s. The last few days were supposed to be rainy... only got a few drops.
    Today will be spent mowing and finish cleaning the house. My mom would have been mad to see it this way. So today... straighten up my computer/junk room and vacuum and it's done.

9. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 9°C and sunny. There is rain in the forecast today, which would be good to water all my transplants and seeds I put in yesterday. Off to work to start prepping the beds for flowers. Have a great day all :)

10. cherylad

Happy Monday morning and back at work. Overcast today with a 40% chance of rain and temps getting up to the mid 80s. Guess I'll be dragging the hoses around this evening.

11. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 13°C and overcast. Rain in the forecast today, we need a little. Busy day today, and then a soccer meeting tonight. Have a great day all :)

12. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Storm blew in overnight bringing lots of rain with it. I couldn't get out to the gauge to check, but from the amount of water standing on the ground and in the ditches, I guess between 2 & 3 inches.
    :smt026
    Hope we even get more throughout the day.

13. toni

Good morning all. Finally got some good rain yesterday but not nearly as much as other places in Texas :'( I have to keep telling myself that 1.125 inches is a good thing, that is until I dig under the mulch in the garden and find that very little of it reached the plant roots. But there was lots of lightning so the plants got a good nitrogen fix and a cool front moved through with the rain so the temperatures will be more comfy for a couple of days.

So far all the rain shown on the radar is way, way south and east of me......as usual.

14. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 12°C and foggy. We had a little rain overnight and there is more in the forecast this afternoon. I'm finally able to start plant shopping, all my favorite plant places are hopping! Off to work I go, still doing spring cleanup and some veggie garden prep work. Have a great day all :)

15. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. Checked the gauge yesterday when I got home and it showed 2.75 inches of rain! And then another inch overnight. Nice soggy ground. :stew2:
    And these cool temps are unheard of for this time of year... low to mid 50s to barely 70F. We'd better enjoy it while we have it, because those 100F days are hiding around the corner.