The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 17°C and overcast. Yesterday was SUCH a busy day! I had tons of laundry to do, the water truck came with 3 loads to fill the pool, shopping, took my son for a haircut, grass mowed and still managed to get the veggie garden planted! I was very tired last night and slept like a log. Today, more housework and hopefully start planting the flowers in the back gardens. Have a great day all :)

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday morning. Ahhhhh... finally got all of my running around done and today is all mine! Need to mow my garden area and then stretch out the hoses to give the fruit trees a nice drink. And water the stuff in containers. I may get ambitious and clean out the two water lily "ponds". A good job for a hot day. And speaking of hot... we'll be in the 90s today with a few clouds, but no real chance of rain.

3. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Weeding, weeding, weeding. Have a small project of moving a wire fence. Everything in the garden is beginning to come together and tidy up from the winter blues.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good evening all.....WOW, totally unexpected we got rain. Right at an inch in the rain gauge, we were not supposed to have any until maybe tomorrow. My garden is a happy place right now!!

Advertisement
  5. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

I am starting to envy all you guys getting your gardens in :D It is still very cold here for this time of year. The ground has not dried up enough to use the tractor. Rain tomorrow but after that the week doesn't look too bad. Hope to get all three of them in by the end of the week. :fingerscrossed:

6. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 14°C and clear. Off to work very early this morning so I can be home early to take my son to his dentist appt this afternoon. I like starting early, I hope I can do it more often! Have a great day all :)

7. cherylad

Happy Monday morning and Happy Memorial Day to the U.S. Military men & women.
    Definitely have to mow my area today, I don't know what got in my way of doing it yesterday. I have the sprinkler going on the "big bed" right now and will only need to water the front today. So today's plan is to clean out the water lily containers and use that water for them. I noticed yesterday that one of the fish survived through the winter!

8. toni

Good morning all. Overcast and drippy but we have a chance of rain all week, just some days more of a chance than others.... tomorrow is a 70% chance and I just hope my yard is in that 70%.

We will be going to oldest daughters for supper tonight, a belated Mother's Day/Anniversary supper. I don't have to cook and we are having one of my favorites (at least youngest grandson and I are) chili cheese dogs....the others are having hamburgers, poor them.

Cheryl, now was the service last week?

9. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Just about got the Hugelkultur corralled this morning with bricks and leveled the slope behind it. Ready to plant the seeds in a newly created veggie bed. Feels good to be getting this huge job (for me) tidied up. May even get some pots planted today. :stew1: Have a moment of blue sky so will continue the weeding and leveling processes :D

10. cherylad

Toni... my uncle's services were quite moving.
    I don't know if the family would approve of me posting their photos during this very personal time, but I do have a couple to share, especially since it's Memorial Day.

[​IMG]
    My uncle getting the full honor treatment at Arlington Nat'l Cemetery ( photo / image / picture from cherylad's Garden )

And this bus was driving through and I thought it summed things up nicely.

[​IMG]
    "Earned Never Given" ( photo / image / picture from cherylad's Garden )

11. Netty

Those photos are quite moving too Cherylad. Good morning all. Currently 16°C and sunny. It is going to be a hot one today, and I will be in the big city with my daughter. She has an appointment and then we will be heading to buy her some new summer clothing. She has grown so much this year that nothing fits anymore! Have a great day all :)

12. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Back to work after a week off. Kinda ready for it too. We got over an inch of rain overnight and even more this morning... kind of a treacherous commute with heavy downpours. And then, the traffic light at the main intersection was out! Took an hour to get to the office (instead of the 15 minutes). And more rain in the forecast for the rest of the week.
    This should help with the rain deficit totals.

13. toni

Cheryl I can easily imagine how moving that ceremony was. I get goose bumps when I hear Taps.

Good morning all. A little bit more rain fell last night and today the sun is winning out over the clouds :'( But it is pretty cool outside. I was tempted to stay out there and pull weeds but I have vacation photos of the blooms at Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower center to crop, color correct and otherwise get ready for posting.

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Rain, thunder, rain, no rain, more rain. It can't seem to make up it's mind. The forecast says 100 percent chance of rain and we are under that big green radar cloud on weather.com. Tomorrow it's 40 percent chance of rain and Thursday it's 30 percent chance of rain. That section of road at the top of the hill is red clay and it's a slip, sliding away road today. I was all over that road before we made it down the couple of blocks to gravel again. But, it's only in 70's so it's nice temperature wise and it's not windy so the rain isn't blowing in the front door which is open. The birds keep flying past wanting to know if it's dry inside. 1.55 inches of rain in the rain gauge since about 2 pm yesterday.

dooley

15. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 9°C and cloudy. We hit 29°C yesterday! Off to work to pay for all the clothing I bought my daughter yesterday. Soccer came tonight. Have a great day all :)