The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. I got 1.5 more inches of rain yesterday and top that off with another 1/2 inch overnight.... AND there's a 80-90% chance of rain today. And good rain chances through Sunday! Why do we get it all at once instead of spreading it out??? Nice temps too from low 70s to low 80s.
    Another yucky commute this morning... they had the road blocked because of an apartment fire, so everyone had to snake through the neighborhoods to get around it. But I still made it to work on time, unlike yesterday when I was a half-hour late instead of 15 minutes early.

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Still cloudy this morning, but only 60 percent chance of rain today. Rain gauge says 2.6 inches since 2 pm on Monday. We dumped the rain gauge so we can start over. Rain in forecast through Sunday. Good morning, everyone! Have a great day!

dooley

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Sunny and if I cared to go outside to check it out I would probably find that the sky is clear as a bell. No rain since Monday night and nothing on the radar anywhere near me. The chance of rain between now and Sunday just keep dropping everytime I look at the weather page of the local tv station. Two days ago it was 60-70%...today it is 20%. :rolleyes:

I have more Wildflower center photos to post today, better get busy.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 8°C and overcast. No chance of rain they say, I'm wondering by the dark clouds. Off for another busy day of work and then soccer. Today I get to throw in a trip to the fracture clinic with my son. Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. I got just about 1/8th inch of rain yesterday. The ground is saturated! There's even flooding near my office because the river is still rising. So glad I don't live over there anymore... the road would always flood and you'd either get stuck on either side.
    But today is sunny with no more rain until maybe tomorrow night. And it's a bit warmer with the high getting close to 90F again.

6. dooley

Good morning! The sun is shining bright and not a cloud in the sky. Last night I checked the weather before I went to bed. There was a 60 percent chance of rain today. I checked it when I got up and it says mostly sunny and only a 10 percent chance of rain.
    Guess we won't have to swim when we go outside. Well, maybe by tomorrow we won't have to swim. It's pretty soggy out there.

Have a great day now!

dooley

7. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 11°C and overcast. TGIF!! I have had the most hectic week and thankfully it is almost over! One more crazy work day and I can play in my OWN gardens! Have a great day all :)

8. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. I agree with Netty... TGIF! Been a busy week here trying to get caught up from my days off last week. But I should be back to normal by Monday. We're expecting more rain starting this afternoon and all weekend. I hate to say this, but it would be okay for it to pass me by, especially on Saturday. A cousin's son is graduating from high school and they are having a big party for him on Saturday... sure hate to see it get rained out.
    My peppers are not liking all this water and are looking droopy. My Dahlia doesn't like it either... but everything else is lapping it up and looking strong. Come on blooms! :stew2:

9. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

TGIF. And have today off. Go play in the dirt. Got 10 bags of mulch to spread. Get car board to put under it.

10. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 9°C and sunny. One more busy morning and then I can forbid myself from leaving the property until Monday morning. Off to get an oil change and buy my son a dress shirt and tie for his prom on Friday. Just so happens the place I am getting my oil change is beside a fantastic garden center! Guess what I'll be doing while I wait for my car :) Have a great day all!

11. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. Temps in the mid 70s and going up to the mid 80s today. But it's raining already. Normally this would be a good thing, but the ground was already saturated. There's still chances of local rivers getting out of their banks, and there's already flooding near my office. It's supposed to rain off and on all day. Wonder what's going to happen with the graduation party today? Even if the rain stops by then, it'll be a soggy muddy mess. :'(
    On a brighter note, I did pick up a few new flowers yesterday (coneflowers), so once there's a break in the rain, it'll be a good time to get them in the ground.

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Warm and dry up here...no rain in our forecast and upper 80's today then the 90's hit next week and my mood hits the skids until sometime in October.

13. dooley

It rained in Madisonville this morning. It's a few miles to the south of us. No rain here though. Just sunshine and cloudy skies. Maybe it's waiting until we get to sleep tonight to start a thunder storm.

dooley

14. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning! We got another 1.25 inches of rain yesterday and there's a 50% chance today. And then there's not a chance for rain at all next week.
    At least the rain stayed away from the graduation party. The crowd was smaller than expected, but everyone seemed to have a lot of fun and the food was yummy! Just as the DJ was loading his equipment to leave, the rain started again. I told them that my "backwards rain dance" must have worn off. :D
    Today's temps are from the mid 70s to 90s... depending on the clouds and rain. Right now it's mostly sunny.
    It's too wet to mow. I may get out and pull weeds. But I think it'll be one of those lazy days just puttering around. That's AFTER I get some housecleaning done.

15. dooley

Good morning! Sunny and bright with a slight chance of an afternoon thunderstorm. Cheryl is getting all of the rain this week. It's already 88 degrees and it isn't even noon.

dooley