The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Happy June the oneth all. In 20 days the Summer Solstice will happen and the sun will begin it's journey south again (yeah, I know it's the earth tilting and not the sun) ;) and some call it the beginning of Summer.

June is our 3rd hottest month of the year, August is 1st, July is 2nd. June is supposed to be our 4th wettest month of the year but there isn't much hope for that this year. I am so looking forward to summer.....NOT.

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Toni... today is also the beginning of Hurricane Season.

3. toni

Oh, yeah. Not being in the 'line of fire' I had totally forgotten about Hurricane season.
    El Nino is supposedly going to keep the number and severity of tropical storms and hurricanes suppressed this year.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently 11°c and overcast. I do hope we get some rain today! Off to work where the planting madness continues. Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. I think our rains have finished for a little while... only a 20% chance today with temps from the mid 70s to low 90s.
    The ground is still so wet... I don't think my peppers will recover from their drowning. :'(

6. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Spend most of my day with my sister for she is still in critical condition.

7. toni

Barb, my thoughts are with you.

Good morning all. Already 80 deg at 10 a.m. Should be only 93 this afternoon. :( I forgot to water the back garden Saturday evening so the plants will have to hang in there until Wednesday (Wed and Sat are the only two days I can water now)
    We had a 20% chance of rain earlier today but the one dark cloud in the sky skittered away. I really am thinking about painting Rain Please on the roof. But since we are in the landing path for planes landing at Love Field some smart aleck might just flush the toilet as they flew over. :eek:

marlingardener likes this.
  8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Warm and muggy morning, but with a nice breeze I managed to get the rest of the tomatoes tied up, squash picked, another ripe tomato(!), and the watering stations for the hens cleaned and filled.
    It has occurred to us that we spend a lot of time tending to critters--cat, hens, bees, and wild birds. It is worth the effort for the pleasure we get out of all of them! :-D

9. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Carpenter came and took off siding. Covered the wall with tyvac.So right kitchen is darker. ran around with magnet picked up coffee can of nails.But house I have cleaned for all most 30 years -remodeling kitchen. DH and I took down plate collection. Washed them packed away-5 boxes FULL. I dread cleaning out cub=boards.But will look nice -when they are done

10. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 18°C and raining. I hope the rain continues for a good part of the day as the ground is SO dry here! Off to work, where I spent most of the day waiting for a soil delivery that didn't come. I hope it just came late and it is waiting for me when I get there this morning! Have a great day all :)

11. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Good morning. Been very busy trying to get gardens in before it rains again. The strawberry garden is in...all 240 seedlings. More seedlings then I thought there were!
    Today we will be working on the first veggie garden and hope that I can get it all done. We have 3 big gardens so it is rush, rush,rush trying to keep ahead of the rains!

12. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Temps here today (this week) will be from mid 70s to low 90s with no rain in sight. The ground is still nice and moist, but I'll be watering the containers this evening. It's amazing how fast they dry out in this sun/heat.

13. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Well, it's 15 minutes past 12 so I expect it's afternoon now. I watered everything outside this morning including myself and all the weeds. I did stop and pull some of the weeds. I came in dripping wet. Having a glass of iced tea before making lunch. Maybe a lazy afternoon because it's supposed to reach 90 degrees. I'll probably do some sewing though. I'm trying to figure out a new bag. I saw a woman carrying or wearing one when we were out yesterday. Have a great day and stay cool and dry!

dooley

14. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Dooley, take it easy! We have just turned on the AC for the first time this year. Temperature is at 89 degrees, but the humidity is killing us!
    I was in the garden early, oiling the corn ears, picking squash, beans, tomatoes, and lettuce, and taking out the broccoli, which is done for the season.
    We are taking it easy this afternoon, too. I made herbed potato salad to have with our smoked sausage and hush puppies for dinner. Quick and easy, and doesn't heat up the kitchen!

15. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 11°C and overcast. We had a very short, but violent storm yesterday ... snapped a few trees off at work. But we needed some rain badly. Off to work, to shovel the 16 yards of soil we had delivered. Have a great day all :)