The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. Same ol' weather pattern.... 70-90F. It did rain here at the office briefly yesterday, but nothing at home. Which is fine with me since it's finally dried up enough so I can get the mowing done.
    And something's been eating the leaves on my Hibiscus, so I sprayed and didn't want the rain to wash it off.
    Also, something ate my Hyacinth Bean Vine seedlings... right off the string they were climbing on. :twisted:
    Dang critters!

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 12°C and overcast. Wondering if it is almost a full moon? Had a crazy night at soccer ... kids were wound right up and crazy. Off to work to shovel more dirt and plant the veggie patch. Have a great day all :)

3. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. Off work for the next four days, which really messes with me. I could have sworn today was Saturday! :D
    Gonna be a warm one here today with temps in the mid 90s. I don't think there's much of a chance of rain, but I am noticing one menacing dark cloud off to the east. So, I guess I'd better get out there and get the mowing done!

4. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 9°C and overcast. Great weather for working outside! Off to a half day of work ... home early to get my son ready for his prom! Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. Gonna be another hot one! It's 80 already and I'm sure it'll be in the mid 90s again today.
    I got the mowing done yesterday, and trimmed some tree branches out of the way. So today I have to get the weed-eating/edging done. And clean out the other container "pond" and feed the water lilies.

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Walked on the treadmill half a mile. Used the weed eater in the front yard. I went around all of the patches of wildflowers so it took a little longer this morning. Came in dripping wet and had two bottles of cold water. Went and took a shower and had all dry clothes. Twice the laundry for today! The backyard will wait a day or two longer. It wasn't too hot yet and there was a little breeze but it must have been pretty humid. I do think I need a headband to keep my eyes dry though.

dooley

7. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 4°C and sunny. I dragged myself out of bed this morning, I could have slept for hours! But it's off to the soccer field for the day. Have a great day all :)

8. cherylad

Happy Saturday morning. 80 degrees aleady... so I guess it's going to be another hot one. It was 98F in the shade yesterday. :eek: Guess it won't be long until we're in those steaming 100s.
    I did manage to get the weed-eating done and thinned/trimmed the blackberries since they are done producing. But then it was so hot I came indoors and worked on the info tags for the plant sale in a couple of months.
    Today... clean out that big container "pond". That's a good job on a hot day, plus the containers all could use a drink again, so that water will go to good use.

9. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 11°C and overcast. All day soccer event yesterday, and I was exhausted when I got home. I did manage to water the gardens and fill the tanker back up. Today I need to do housework and laundry. Have a great day all :)

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Had just tiny bit of rain early this morning, now it is partly cloudy and very muggy.

Oldest daughter and grandsons are coming over for supper in a bit, her birthday is tomorrow....I am way too young to be the mother of a 47 year old. Until I look in the mirror then I realize that "yea, I've got all those years on me." :eek:

11. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 13°C and cloudy. I slept like a log last night until about 3:30 when I was suddenly wide awake. I get up at 4:30 so I lay there for an hour, almost falling back asleep before my alarm went off. Now I feel tired again! Off for another busy day at work. I heard someone in my department quit on the weekend so I may end up doing more than just gardening today. Have a great day all :)

12. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. Back to work after another 4-dau weekend... I could get used to this. :D
    The garden and yard are in nice shape now. All major tasks accomplished... now just to keep up on the weeding.
    50% chance of rain this afternoon/evening. We could use a couple inches... and the cooler temps!

13. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Just before 6 a.m. lightning seemed to streak across the bedroom ceiling, loud bed shaking claps of thunder rattled the windows, the sound of heavy rain hitting the AC unit under our back window....then the house went dark...totally. Got up and called the electric company, got a recording that power would be restored by 6:30 pm. Went back to bed and I actually was able to get back to sleep. About 9 a.m. I was just wondering what I could do in a dark house if I went ahead and got up when I heard a 'beep' then the fan and window AC unit in our room came back on.
    Still overcast and coolish out and there is just over 1 inch of rain in the gauge.
    I am already liking this day!!!

Heard over the weekend though that to break the drought we have been in, we will need to get 18+ inches of rain in the next 3 months and that doesn't look likely. :rolleyes:

14. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We received about 1" of rain this morning--and the temperature dropped to 65 degrees! Absolutely unheard-of in Texas in June :) .
    I managed to get to the garden and pick squash and tomatoes before the rains hit. When I can get back into the vegetable gardens on Wednesday, we'll have fresh corn. I can hardly wait!

15. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We didn't get any rain until about 11:30/12 today. Only quarter of an inch. Sunny sky now.

dooley